Filter / Light Trade? Need Light badly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petunia100

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to get some new lighting for my 55 gallon. I would like to get ~2wpg. So around 110 watts of light. I would be happy to trade a fluval 404, as well as some strip lights if interested.

The fluval 404 works great, but it a little noisy. It has been that way since I got it and from talking to others it seems like it is a general flaw of the 404. But if you are mechanical you might be able to fix it, other than the sound it filters great, if it's in a stand it's not to bad.

I have two strip lights, one is the kind that comes with tanks, 24 inches, and I think it holds 18 watt bulbs. The other is also 24 inches, but holds two lights. I could also add in several extra bulbs although I couldn't really guarantee that they would survive the trip.

I am in the columbus ohio area but would be willing to ship. I'm wanting to get a nice mid light tank. :) Thanks

omg man my sister in law and brother just gave away a 48 inc light lit they had for there 55 gallon, i'm not sure of the wattage but i'm almost posisitve it had 2 flourescents in it, it was really bright but they didn't like the way it stood on legs so they went and bought two of the 24 inch hood kits. any chance you would want to sell the fluval? if so how much and how much to ship? anything to go with it by chance, like media, hoses, etc.? if you like email me at slimjim_35_00@hotmail.com, i'm pretty mechanical and so is my fatehr, either way the noise wouldn't bother me any, well let me know either way, thanks

Back
Top Bottom