Wanted: Filter material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for some used filter material or anything else with bacteria in it to help speed up this slow process I'm in the Tampa area would like to get it close its a fresh water set up

Just kinda worried about bringing home disease because u don't always know what they got from a fish farm

Well remember, any member here is just as likely to have diseases on their filter media as the LFS. Also, if you have a good local one, theirs will be just as good.

Yea but with a member u got to think they don't have as many fish to check and try to keep up with not as many coming in and out and all that so its easier for a LFS to have something than a member who is taking care of the fish that Is y I was asking for some from a member instead

thras said:
Yea but with a member u got to think they don't have as many fish to check and try to keep up with not as many coming in and out and all that so its easier for a LFS to have something than a member who is taking care of the fish that Is y I was asking for some from a member instead

Yes, that's true. But either way, I highly suggest you ask your LFS. You'd be surprised!

Well just got off the phone with my LFS and the guy said he doesnt have anything for me that I could by some feeder fish and it would be ready in about 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom