Fish shipping supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to send shrimps to a friend and was wondering where can i buy fish shipping supplies online. I might send more in the future. Thanks in advance :D

maybe a better question for me is to start with how exactly should shrimps be shipped? I have an idea of putting them in a box with styrofoam to hold the fish bag in place. Place only about 6 per bag and ship it on a next day delivery. Of course labeling "live animal" on the box.

hmm usually depends on how many you want to ship. just get a bigger bag if its alot, (unless its out of proportion). so yeah just put it in a box and put like newspaper or like those bubble things around it.

Actually I have seen fish shipped priority before, which is 2 day delivery and is not overly priced.

2 day mail (and ungaranteed 2 day mail) isn't a really great idea. That is alot of time spent in transit. For inexpensive shrimp or whatever it may not be cost effective but I wouldn't want my $70 tang sitting in a box for two days. If you do a longer period like that you better make sure it is in the dead of summer so that the water stays rather warm.

Back
Top Bottom