FOR SALE: malaysian trumpet snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgkaelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
somebody please take some of my MTS. they are taking over my tank ! i should have never gotten them from the store; i can't even feed them to my puffers for fear of their teeth cracking! every night i have the boyfriend in the middle of the night dig more snails out and they are currently being housed in a small beta tank; we just want them to stop breeding and infesting the tank! i have upwards of 50 but am willing to get rid of them in smaller increments than that. !

How much do you want? Just shipping costs or what?

I have hungry loaches that will decimate any population of snails...well how big are they? I guess right now my loaches would control an existing population of large ones as I have never really given them very large snails to see if they will eat them.

Shipping would be to 98198 unless you take offense to them being used as food.

hey patryuji,
shipping costs will be fine,
they range in size. i have a few big ones (3/4"-1"), but most of them are in the 1/4"-3/4" range. i have a few kuhli loaches and they are completely worthless and won't touch them. ha ha. not quite sure what a sun loach is, though, sounds nice! i don't care that they're going to become food. i'd give them to my puffers if i didn't fear for their teeth cracking. let me know if you're still interested; i'm not quite sure how to ship them, do you have any suggestions? if not, i can find some info on a thread i'm sure, so i'm not sure how much shipping will be, but i doubt it will be much.
also, how many do you want? i probably have 25-30 quarantined right now but i can dig many more out of the main tank becaues they just seem to keep coming and coming. let me know!

I will take as many as you want to get rid of. My loaches are active young'uns and need their snails. I have no idea on shipping either.

Sun loach- Botia Eos. It is said to be a rare loach. I found it by accident in a skunk loach tank (with about 20 skunks in the same tank). At the time its color exactly matched the skunk loaches but it doesn't have the long dorsal stripe. It does have the dark marks around the caudal fin and dorsal fin though. Not quite as tall as a skunk it has more of a streamlined shape similar to a red tail shark but with the typical botia mouth and head structure. In my tank it has taken on a darker shade than the skunks and I now notice there is a dark tip to the top of the dorsal (similar to the white tip found on the dorsal of red tail sharks). The fins have now become slightly orange (they were clear like a skunks in the skunk tank). Very territorial such that it will chase away my 2.5" angelfish though it is still only 1.5" itself. I am unsure if it is gregarious as I have only one. Non aggressive unless its territory is enroached upon and it won't leave its territory (decoration) even if I move around the whole tank with the loach inside the decoration. Max size is reported as 2.5". It did not come out very much for the first two weeks but now that it has established a definite territory it will "patrol" the area if another fish gets too close. Standard digging and snail eating like other botia loaches.

errr...make that 3-4 inches max size on the sun loach. and it looks like mine might be a bit malnourished from images I just found...I'll have to make sure it gets its fair share.

US postal service lists next day for $27.30 and 2 days for $9.30 but they never gaurantee anything and it might end up taking a week.

UPS has next day air for $41.11 and 2 day for $21.42.

but this is with me guessing at your zip code (mine is 98198, Des Moines).

I'd love some MTS, I've been looking for them for a while. I'd rather pick-up, I live in Irvine. Can you email me at mbraun (AT) uci (DOT) edu? I swing through LA every once in a while. Also, what color do they look like?

Back
Top Bottom