Free MTS (trumpet snails), just send me a PM!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well its much easier to get the medium-sized ones. I just would pick off the ton on top around 8pm (they start coming out of the substrate around then). After those were taken I started to lightly kick up the substrate with my hand and probably bagged another 20 or so. This morning my QT tank had a good bit on the surface so I grabbed them as well and did the same stirring of the substrate.

I'm not good at judging numbers when they are all bunched up, but suffice to say there will be a lot for everyone. My plan is to get my wife to send these out either Monday or Tuesday morning (depending on when we can get the shipping box).

Snails are on there way. This morning my wife will go to the UPS/FedEx store and ship them. There has got to be over a 100 and most are medium-sized (3/4" or so). I put them in a wet paper-towel, and put the towel inside of a ziplock bag. I then sealed the bag leaving a small opening where I put a straw in and blew the bag up until it was full of air. This way hopefully these guys have enough oxygen to survive the trip as well as giving them some padding in transit.

Please when you receive them (Atlas you're up first) that you immediately get them some fresh air and if needed re-moisten the paper towel. Optimally if you could remove them and put them in a cup of fresh tank water that would be the best. And try to ship them as soon as possible since they were not shipped with food (thought it would do more harm than good).

Hope they make it to Ga safely!

Wow, what an adventure. If someone wants to pay for shipping, I have some too in case some of the guys don't make it.

7Enigma said:
Bah, I'm trying to pawn these off! There is no other source of MTS but in my tank! :p

Well, when you run out then I can take up the slack. Well over 100 climb up the wall of my 55 at feeding time, and I won't even try to describe the scene in my 120.

The shipment should have received the first person on the list. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything went well......

I hope they made it too because I want some of them...just didn't want to be the guinea pig! :)

I have lots of MTS if anyone wants a shipment. I'd be willing to part with a couple dozen easily if anyone wants to pay for shipping. I didn't realize I had so many until I turned on the lights after coming home late one night. They also come out of the substrate in broad daylight if I've just fed.

I'd like some MTS please, I'd like mid-sized ones but will take tiny ones if nothing else is available.
I managed to kill every single one in my planted tank with a DIY CO2 gone awry.

As a matter of fact I'd like any snail that stays away from plants, is interesting and not risky [ie disease carrier].
Paying for shipping is not a problem. PayPay only please since it's cheap, fast and easy. PM me!

I don't know how/why everyone says MTS are the tank snails of the fish world. Mine seem to be fairly sensitive.

PM sent. Can anyone tell me the best way to ship? I mean as far as what service and method to use. I assume US Mail is the cheapest. I will use a ziplock back with a wet napkin in it as well.

I used a 3X6" box and shipped it 2-3day (carrier doesn't matter as the prices were about the same). With a FULL ziplock bag it offers a good bit of protection from getting bumped around and should supply enough oxygen for the trip.

I would like quite a few for my 75 gallon if someone could get me a quote to ship to my zip 66046. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm shipping to Nebraska on Monday. I am assuming $5.00, because I tested our UPS and it was $6.31. I think USPS is cheaper and faster, so if you would like some shipped Monday I have plenty of big ones and small ones I don't mind sharing. Send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom