FS: 2X14W T5 fixture & 2 extra bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I decided to pick up another dual T5HO fixture for my 29G, so I now have my home-made retrofit dual T5 (not T5 HO...) fixture that I no longer need.

The lights have a single plug, inside a black hood that is ~28" long (fits a 29G or 20G Long). It would need to sit on a glass top or similar. The bulbs are 14W each (28 total for the fixture), and 6500K.

I also have 2 replacement bulbs that I will send with it. The bulbs are 22" in length. I staggered the fixtures in the hood to get a little wider coverage.

It is a good fixture if you are looking to add a bit of extra kick to your tank's lighting without bumping up a huge amount. Make me an offer, trades considered, although I am not really looking for anything specific... RCS maybe if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0223[1].jpg
    IMG_0223[1].jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0224[1].jpg
    IMG_0224[1].jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0225[1].jpg
    IMG_0225[1].jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 70
could i take the retro kit out? and say make it into a 48" light?

Yeah. The fixtures are just mounted inside the hood. U would need something to mount them to. The fixtures themselves are only about an inch wide so you could mount in a very slim hood.

what kind of plants do you have growing with that fixture? will you be willing to ship?

I all kinds of plants, but this is not my primary fixture. I don't think you could use this as a primary fixture over any tank that is 30" long. Rather, it will work as a boost to your current fixture to bump you up another 1WPG or so.

Yes I would be willing to ship, no problem. I am guessing it will be around $8-$10 for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom