FS: 9 juvenile yellow morphs of red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaVidaBoring

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had ordered several juvenile red cherry shrimp from an online seller on aquabid. I received 9 juvenile shrimp through the mail last Wednesday. They are alive 'n kicking, but these young shrimp show no red coloration whatsoever. Most are a pale yellow and the largest two are a brighter lemon yellow. This seller also breeds and sells the yellow color morph of red cherry shrimp, so I'm thinking he sent me yellows by mistake. But, alas, the seller is not answering my e-mail on the matter. To be fair, I think he might be on vacation, though.

Having consulted other online breeders of red cherry shrimp, they tell me that if these young shrimp were really the red variety, they should show some red spots or something, even as juveniles. But my little guys show no red color at all, just yellow. So while I can't guarantee 100% these guys are pure yellow shrimp, I'm fairly confident that all available evidence points to these being the yellow variant of the popular red cherry shrimp.

Well, I wanted red shrimp and not yellow shrimp, darnit. I have some red females already, and I don't want to risk crossbreeding, so I isolated these yellow youngsters and I'd like to find a new home for them.

So, I'm looking to sell these nine freshwater juvenile yellow shrimp (Neocaridina denticulata sinensis var yellow) just to recoup the cost I spent in buying them, which would be $18 firm. These young shrimp would make a nice self-sustaining starter colony of yellow shrimp once they reach sexual maturity in a few weeks. They are a mix of male and female, about 3/8" long (a couple are 1/2" long). You do want to keep them away from the red variety of cherry shrimp, because the babies of a red/yellow mix will revert to wild type brown.

Pickup only, please, I have no experience with shipping fish or shrimp and I don't want to try now with the temperatures so hot. I live in the DC area (northern VA), so local pickup ONLY please. I'll give them to you in a ziplock baggie with a little bit of java moss.

Back
Top Bottom