For Sale: FS: Marmorkrebs marble self cloning crayfish. great live food, docile. Shipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suds1421

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some one inch juvie marmorkrebs for sale. Ive had great luck shipping these. These are the self cloning crayfish, theyare a great food source, extremely hardy and docile. I keep them with endlers and they do great together. Ive kept these crays in heated and unheated tanks. They LOVE earthworms and dive out after them.

Id like $1 each and I can ship three for $12.

Id be open to trades.

Last edited:
I added a picture, the mothers are very blue but I feed a lot of shrimp pellets so I think that's what does it.

These things grow like weeds and will be having babies very quickly :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• marmorkreb.jpg
    marmorkreb.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 648
what do you keep them with? do they go good with community tanks? and i herd they eat and de root plants?

Can I have them in with my betta in a five gallon??

what do you keep them with? do they go good with community tanks? and i herd they eat and de root plants?

These are very docile crayfish but they will catch a fish. I have kept them with community tanks but I did loose a fish or two. I really like crayfish and the community tank really did a great job keeping the baby crays in check. The tank loved all the "free" food.

These guys do love plants, I throw in my plant trimmings for them to eat.

So all in all I think there is a place for them in a community tank but they have been known to catch a fish. I figured it evened out having all their babies eaten :)

Can I have them in with my betta in a five gallon??

I would probably advise against it. With the Betta's long fins he would be an easy catch for even these docile crays. That said I have heard of it working..

Was Just wondering would they do good in a tank with no filter but frequent water changes, I just don't want them to attack my cories and loaches.

Was Just wondering would they do good in a tank with no filter but frequent water changes, I just don't want them to attack my cories and loaches.

I wouldn't suggest a non-filtered tank.

I do run sponge filters in all my crayfish tanks so that I avoid sucking up the babies and the crays love to eat the "stuff" off of the sponge filter. In fact that's how I know I have babies, it looks like snow on my sponge filter :)

Here are the filters I use on the smaller tanks:
Aquarium Fish Tank Biochemical Sponge Filter Air Pump | eBay

You can drive them with a pretty small air pump, so their VERY cheap to run.

Awesome! They have those a couple blocks from my house. Thanks for the idea. 
I think I will get one for my upcoming fry tank too...

Back
Top Bottom