Wanted: GBR Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

98kshooter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just putting out feelers to see if any one has any GBR fry they are wanting to get rid of. I have a empty tank as of now and kinda want to get back to cichlids again, but wanna stay smaller and less agro this time around and I had these little guys one before and really like em. And I like raising from fry. Hit this thread up...and let me know. I am still a week or so from having tank ready....so no hurry yet if ya happen to have a spawn going.

Just putting out feelers to see if any one has any GBR fry they are wanting to get rid of. I have a empty tank as of now and kinda want to get back to cichlids again, but wanna stay smaller and less agro this time around and I had these little guys one before and really like em. And I like raising from fry. Hit this thread up...and let me know. I am still a week or so from having tank ready....so no hurry yet if ya happen to have a spawn going.

I would of been able to help you out but my female died recently :/ I know there are quite a few people who breed GBRs on here..I think you'll be able to find someone.

I also would be interested so if you have some and can get some for 98kshooter and till some left over please pm me,!!

Hey, I have a spawning pair of rams. Currently my tap water tests too high in nitrates, and I don't have an RO system, so I don't know how well the fry would do. But if you guys want, I could always try when I have my supplies ready. If not, hopefully my tap water nitrates will lower soon, and I can hatch some fry :)

I don't know if you can ship fry, I'll have to see how old they need to be.
My internet is being wacky so I can't search, but I think it would be best either right after they hatch, or after they have matured a bit.

I don't know if you can ship fry, I'll have to see how old they need to be.
My internet is being wacky so I can't search, but I think it would be best either right after they hatch, or after they have matured a bit.

Yep they ship em seen it on Aquabid and ebay... but in those crazy bidfests I would be lucky to get em for the price they are worth! I seen fry going for as much as 12$ a piece! Heck, you can get adults at my lfg for about $6! I just dont want adults til I grow them there! I always had great luck raising my cichlids from fry. At least then I know age and all that about the fish. And I find them more adaptable to my tanks. All my former cichs I raised from fry and even fed them by hand....

Okay, I found some spring water, so I will try to hatch some eggs in that. I'll start conditioning them tonight, they are trying to breed every week. Anyone who wants fry, let me know. I will need to buy some heat packs. I'll ask you pay for shipping, and I'll ask $1 per fry right now.

I think you'd have to wait till they have matured to atleast flakes rather than live food before shipping since they need fed so often at that stage, but after that I think you'd be good to ship.

Okay, I found some spring water, so I will try to hatch some eggs in that. I'll start conditioning them tonight, they are trying to breed every week. Anyone who wants fry, let me know. I will need to buy some heat packs. I'll ask you pay for shipping, and I'll ask $1 per fry right now.

I have heard fry being shipping during all phases, and actually quite successfully. The time and material to ship fry isn't worth it really unless they are for rare or expensive fish. Like he said.. for a young ram is around 6 dollars..you'll spend more on shipping.

I dont trust my LFS with the cichlids...I would pay the shipping to get a nice bunch of fry than buy one from the 3 LFS or chain stores. Unfortunately my local cichlid breeder passed away a couple years ago, he always had fry of all kids in his small shop. And since I already get bettas from everywhere shipped, its now like part of the cost. I wish my LFS cared more about their cichlid stock outside of Oscars and Dempseys...All the rams they have, every time I have been there, have all looked just flat out sickly.

Back
Top Bottom