getting ready to prune on sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazycat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey all,

will be pruning A LOT of purple cabomba, myriophyllum mattrogrossense (green), brazillian moneywort, limnophila aromatica, possibly some ludwigia repens, and some dwarf sag.

please pm me if you'd like clippings!

cat

NOTE

I've been getting a lot of responses, so i'm going to do it on a first come, first serve basis. i will pm to let you know if i can send, and what i'm sending. i will do my best to satisfy everyone. if i can't, don't be discouraged--i do a major pruning about every 2 weeks! that's what pressurized co2 and 4wpg will do for you! :) so if i don't get you this time, i will get you the next!

cheers,
cat

CAVEAT

i've only shipped plants once. apparently they arrived in ok condition--maybe one or 2 a little worse for wear. so please bear with me--i'm new at shipping--if the plants don't survive, i ship out another batch next pruning.

thanks,
cat

to all the people who responded--i'm still going to prune today--but because of the HUGE snowstorm and freezing temps in nyc, i'm going to hold off from mailing them for a few days, until it gets a little warmer. i'll keep the clippings in my quarantine tank, so they should be fine. i'll let you know when i send them. hang inthere--they're coming...

I am so sadly disappointed in your inabililty to include complimentary heat packs with all of your gratis shipments Cat. Sheesh :p Oh, btw, Mr L-66 is a hard one to catch. May be a while until I can sneak up on him :wink:

travis,

i have just one thing to say to you...

none of YOUR plants came with a heatpack! sheesh!!!!! :):):)

just kidding.

you may have to get a little rough with stripy, knock him around a bit and he'll obey. just remind him that he's going to a far, far better tank... :)

I am so sadly disappointed in your inabililty to include complimentary heat packs with all of your gratis shipments

Wouldn't that be considered "double gratis"? Heat packs in NYC are as rare as snowmobiles. Yes, somewhere there is one, good luck finding it. LOL!

What's this about L-66??? Do you not know that you are required to fill out one of my pleco forms in triplicate and let me inspect the specimen prior to trading??? For shame. :wink:

hands off jchillen! pooh pooh to your bogus forms!

it is well known that i have a most hospitable tank for plecos. i'm rescuing this poor, sad, abused, lonely pleco from travis' evil cichlids, and giving him a home where he can be with his own kind. my tank is actually a pleco refuge for unwanted, abused plecos.

however, there will come a day when even MY tank gets overstocked, and we may be opening new branch refuges for unwanted plecos...namely in YOUR tanks :):)

Awesome looking pleco; I'm jealous. :|

(Not really, I've been perfectly happy with my recent clown pleco purchase :D)

crazycat said:
pooh pooh to your bogus forms!

My credentials speak for themselves...comply or the APPA (American Pleco Protection Agency) will have to be notified.

crazycat said:
however, there will come a day when even MY tank gets overstocked, and we may be opening new branch refuges for unwanted plecos...namely in YOUR tanks

My tanks were APPA certified long ago. Plenty of room at the Inn. :D

nice try jchillen, but i'm a card carrying member of the aapw (association of abused plecos worldwide), the parent organization of the appa, and my tank has been specially certified as a safe haven and protected reserve for plecos everywhere. i attended 3 weeks of intensive training on dealing with troubled plecos, from a physical, psychological and dietary perspective and am equipped to deal with special needs plecos. i am currently attending a seminar on the "psychological effects of cichlid bullying", so i will be able to attend to mr. stripy's specific needs.

when you move up a few levels in the certification process, i'm sure the aapw will have no problem conferring this special distinction on your tank, but until then, i feel that i am much better qualified to deal with mr. stripy's predicament.

thanks for your interest.

sincerely,
cat

:):):):)

Back
Top Bottom