Gladly pay shipping for some pond snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am, again, in need of some snails for my puffers to eat. I keep trying to "grow" a snail tank and can't seem to keep up with their appetites. They eat them quicker than the snails can reproduce :confused:. I will GLADLY pay shipping charges if anyone has pond snails they want to get rid of! TIA!! :D

i breed my own pond snails for my puffer. i fertilize a 5.5 gal once a month and keep the heat on, about 78, they won't breed as fast if the temp is down.

i breed my own pond snails for my puffer. i fertilize a 5.5 gal once a month and keep the heat on, about 78, they won't breed as fast if the temp is down.

Thanks robott - I am in the process of getting in three different shipments of snails and I am going to try my hand at raising my own again. I have a 5g tank all ready and waiting for them. :)

i also try to give them an algae wafer a few times a week, i think an abundance of food encourages them to replicate, also i have hornwort in there, which gets a bunch of algae on it after i fertilize, which the tiny snails love to get into. whew. just trying to tell you everything that i've noticed in keeping them makin babies.

Back
Top Bottom