For Sale or trade: Green lightning endler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am attempting to cross green lightning endlers and red pictas. As each batch is born I isolate them until they color up enough to determine if they took the Picta gene. I have a 5 gallon tank that aren't crossed that I need to move. If someone wants the whole gang, it'll be $35 shipped total. There's at least 20 of them. The picture doesn't do them justice and it's one of the parents. I will trade to if you have something I need. Just drop me a message and we can talk. If you just want trios, $5 trio plus shipping. PayPal only and contiguous US only please.View attachment 223860

The strain is being hurt! Any fish that are being produced by this should be destroyed not sold. I don't mean to sound rude but I am very passionate about wild-type livebearers and do not want to see a strain lost to the hobby this way.

A note to whoever is buying these fish please don't sell/represent these fish as pure in the future, and make sure your buyer knows that they have been hybridized.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm not planning on selling them as pure that's why I explained where they came from.

I hate to jump in on this, but I agree that these fish should not leave the fishroom of origin. Red Pictas are available on Aquabid from several breeders, so there are folks working with the pure strain. If you want the best breeder P.M. me. I never intended to get Endler crosses, but somebody tried a fast one. I segragated the fish and sell them as crosses as the practice has become acceptable. I don't like it, but I ended up with a large number of them and people seem to want them.

I don't understand. These are not fish that are extinct or endangered. Its not like just because he hybridized his fish, this line of fish will go extinct. They are his fish, he can do anything he wants with them, including crossbreeding them. That's a big part of this hobby for alot of breeders, crossbreeding fish to see what you can get and then selectively breed for them. He is not selling them as purebred. He states in his post where they come from. What is wrong with that?

Thank you and amen. Every one is entitled to an opinion and I respect that but please don't push it on a sale thread. It's not very polite. That is all and the thread should be closed now. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom