H.O.T. Magnum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a brand new H.O.T. Magnum filter. It came in a kit but I am upgrading before setting up the tank. It is still new, in the box and has never been opened. A lfs employee told me that it has the capacity to filter a 55 gal tank, but come to find out, it doesn't. I have had it since Feb, so I can't take it back. Here's a link to the same product:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22139;category_id=2981

Lets say, $30 plus shipping. That's $15 less than Big Al's!

Do you know if it has room to put some of whatever filter media you want in it?

I'm not sure RoK. Since it is in storage, I don't have it in front of me to look at. I will let you know Thursday. That's the soonest I will be able to get to it.

Hm, I'm sure someone else around here has some experience with it, no? Hopefully they'll see the post. :?

I believe that they can be customized to add alternative media. It comes with an 8 oz container of carbon that is loose, so I'd assume that you can just replace the carbon with ceramic rings, or whatever you wish.

Cheaper? It's never been openened. It's never been used. Big Al sells them for $45. I'm already losing money the way it is. It cost $70 from the lfs. It came in a kit but we upgraded and had to pay for the upgrade. $30 is a must.

I am not interested in it, just helping you sell it.
Well I'm just suggesting. Its been on here 2 weeks, it hasnt sold yet.

Have you tried ebay or Aquabid?

Ebay has one on there for $35 and the auction is still going, maybe give that a try???

I have someone interested, but if they decide they don't want it, I would rather it go to a fellow AA member.

Back
Top Bottom