Wanted: Hood and Glass canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a hood or glass canopy for a TopFin 75 gallon aquarium if anyone has them for sale. Thank you

Yeah I just called them to see if they had the canopy that I needed and it looks like I'm going have to piece something together. If I went with just one brand I'm going to have a 2 in gap width wise. Instead of having a 14 in gap I've got a 1611/16 inch opening width and 223/4 inch length to the center brace on both sides. That center brace is what's killing me on this whole thing

You can buy the replacement parts on dr. fosters and smith. I seen them for sale there. I will post the link in a minute. I purchased one from them for an old 55 style with no center brace and the 1st one they sent was smashed to pieces by our lovely transportation companies. They sent a replacement and I kept the parts from the old one. I then took those parts and had glass cut at a glass cutting place near me to make a glass lid for my 75 gallon and it worked out great. The glass cost me $20. I've seen others make their own with rubber molding from home depot, too. You also save money on the glass if they don't smooth it for you. They told me at the shop all they do is rub it with sand paper so I smoothed it out myself that way.

Aquarium Hoods & Canopies: Aqueon Versa-Top Replacement Pieces

Thread on another forum on DIY glass top Sliding Glass Top how-to

Thanks that was very helpful. I had the thought that I was probably going to have to make a custom canopy for my tank. Seeing the links that you sent me just cleared things up a little better. I'm gonna give Home Depot or Lowes a shot and see what I can do. Hopefully it turn out like the ones you gave me the link to. Fingers crossed for a successful 1st time. I hate doing things twice. Lol

Back
Top Bottom