Hp Pavilion Laptop for Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thought I would try in a couple of forums before ebay. I am selling my HP Pavilion laptop. It has served me extremely well over the last year or so. I was so impressed that I am selling it to buy another HP. Here are the specs.

Pentium 4 2ghz
15" LCD (perfect condition)
512mb DDR Ram
30gig HD (will install a 60gig for $75 and an 80gig for $100)
Wireless 802.11 G/B
Ati Radeon Graphics
3 USB Ports
2 PCMCIA Slots
CD/DVD
Windows XP Home

I am also going to include a laptop bag. And any other accessories I can find for it which may include (but not guaranteed) a mini optical mouse, a USB hub, a USB 2.0 expansion card, etc.

I do have a external Sony DVD-RW that I will def include. It may be a + or - solely but I don't have it in front of me to check. That drive was like $350-400 when I bought it.

The only other thing I can think of is software. All the orignial software restore discs are included and in perfect condition. Laptop will be fully formatted and brought back to original software condition. I will do this as soon as I get the name of the buyer so I can put it into Windows XP (unless you want some generic name).

I also will include this preinstalled software:
Office 2003 Professional, Nero, Norton System Works (with antivirus), System Mechanic, WinDVD, and Spybot. No CD's. This is in addition to the software preinstalled by HP that does have CD's.

I will have pictures later tonight most likely for those interested. Right now I am firm at $600. I will probably ship for free if you are on the eastern side of the country. If you aren't we will work out a very very reasonable cost. Insurance is additional and soley optional although if the item is lost or damaged there are no refunds. I do warrant against DOA (provided it wasn't the fault of the carrier) but I am typing on it right now so I know it is in perfect mechanical condition. Email me at MattP725@comcast.net for more info.

I am interested, just you will have to give me a day or 2 to speak with the parents about it.

Oh, do you know how much video memory it has and what is the series of the laptop (i.e. ze200, dv1000, etc.)?

ze5000 and I believe 32 but don't quote that. This is not for gamers... no laptop really is. And it is on ebay now with much more stuff but a BIN of $750 shipped. I have included a lexmark AIO, a DVDRW (external), a Zip drive, a nice bag, a million cables, blank DVDs, compact flash reader and memory for saves, etc.

Here is the deal. A freakin Nigerian put in the BIN even though I said no out of country buyers to prevent scam artists. The BIN was $750 because I added a bunch of stuff to it. The BIN also included free shipping (except for the printer which was a modest $20 extra). I am going to relist it at either 6 or 7pm Est tonight. Personally to avoid this garbage again I would rather sell it outright. With all the stuff I will do $700 shipped without the printer and $715 with it. I don't want to part it right now because of the fact that I don't need any of this other stuff and keeping it just takes up space. Here is the auction link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80210&item=6767561196&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW (you may have to cut and paste). Anyone interested can email me at MattP725@comcast.net.

Don't know if you've heard but don't sell anything to Nigerians on the internet. They have had a scam going for quite some time. They will send you far more than you asked for via a phony cashier's check. They will contact you about the mistake and ask for the diffference. When all is said and done, your bank will come after you for the funds from the phony/counterfeit check.

You'd fare better to just leave it up there until a firm local bidder comes in.

Ya that is one thing they do... I knew about it before hand hence why I said no out of country bidders. They do that scam alot with cars that they see for sale. The other thing they often do (which is what I believe was going to happen) was they send you paypal and claim they need the item sent asap (which they did) and hope that they get someone who doesn't know that a e-check doesn't clear for 5 or 6 days and by the time it bounces the product is in their hands or on the way to them. Regardless I wouldn't send them crap. I once saw an ebay auction where a guy from Nigeria actually offered to pay a guy like $300 over BIN. There was no reasoning for it he just offered to pay that much. The guy luckily was smart enough to brush him off but what does it matter to the Nigerian... he can easily offer any amount he wants since he will never pay it... that is why I removed the BIN as they seldom waste time bidding because they are usually kicked off ebay within 24hrs. Even if they did you could always give it to a second chance bidder. I always thought that if they spent as much time trying to scam people as they did working, they would potentially be very wealthy people. Oh well. Auction is still on btw with no bids yet.

JChillin- WOW
thanks, that was a real eye opener!! I have always been leery of selling on Ebay.

Selling on eBay isn't the problem...unscrupulous thieves are. Always check your buyer out prior to completing a sale. The same is true in the reverse...check out the seller prior to purchase. We are talking about a lot of money changing hands...sight unseen. People will always want to get a piece of this action.

:D

They are really really obvious. If you live by the too good to be true moto you will be fine. They offer to either buy for an extremely high amount out of auction (ie $2500 for a $600 laptop). They also want extremely high priced shipping arangments made... overseas shipping via expedited methods etc. Best off just not selling to out of country buyers (except places like Canada). Also don't sell to anyone with no feedback. They do scams kind of like a grab and run... they don't try to build up their feed... they get new names (another thing to watch for is names under 1 month old) and try to buy as many items as possible and hope someone bites. Like I said it is extremely obvious. Also if you want to sell to overseas buyers just use paypal. Make sure it clears first (remember e-checks take 5-7 days usually to clear) and only ship to confirmed addresses. If you ship to an address that is not confirmed and it turns out to be fraudulent, paypal will take the money from you.

On another note, I got my new HP today and they are awesome. I think until they dissapoint me somehow in a major way I will be a loyal HP customer. Def a recommendation for anyone looking for a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom