Inline CO2 Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently built a pair of DIY Inline CO2 reactors. They came out great and work even better. I've got some part left over, so I thought I'd offer to build a few more if anyone is interested.

For pics and specs please look at this thread. I would expect that they would work well for up to at least a 10 Gallon Tank.

I'm asking $25 shipped. PM me if interested.

I've had a request to price out what I would charge for some larger sized reactors, so here's an expanded price list.

Standard 1" Model = $25.00
Extra Long 1" Model = $27.50
Standard 1 1/2" Model = $32.50
Standard 2" Model = $37.50

All prices include shipping.

The two 1" models use 1/2" BioBalls and the 1 1/2" and 2" models use 1" BioBalls. Due to parts availability at the hardware store, the 2" model uses a 2" to 1 1/2" coupling for the bushing that connects to the barbed fittings. All models are priced using 1/2" barb fittings.

I just finished building a 2" model of the CO2 Reactor today. Here's a pic and specs for those that are interested.

Dimensions are as follows:
(With fittings)
19" x 7 3/4" x 3"
(Without fittings)
18" x 6 3/4" x 2 1/2"

It's filled with eighteen 1" Bio Balls.

Attachments

• co2reactor_2in_389.jpg
    co2reactor_2in_389.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 100
I have a 65gal tank, so would the larger one fit my need? It's tough trying to do thing when I work so much, so please let me know :D

I would be very surprised if the largest CO2 Reactor didn't work for your tank. It's approximately the same size as the CO2 Reactor 1000, which is often sold with Pressurized CO2 setups and is rated for tanks upto 500 Gallons. As long as you are able to feed enough CO2 into it, the 2" Reactor should work great.

Finally had a chance to check the site where I found the plans that I used as a starting point for my reactors. The original plans are for 2" Reactor and is being used on a 75 Gallon tank with excellant CO2 levels.

:D Bumpity :D

With the arrival of warmer weather I again have a space where I can build these reactors. Let me know if you're interested in one.

Back
Top Bottom