Java moss & Marimo moss balls available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majolo

Aquarium Advice Freak
As mentioned in this thread, I've been extracting shrimp from a big hunk of Java moss. The job is done, and I'd like to get rid of most of it. There's enough to send a decent handful to 4 or 5 people at least, I think. I also have a couple Marimo moss balls (see here, I don't have a photo of my own) that are not thriving in my main tank (turning grey in patches), so I'm offering to pass them along to a better home.

I'm planning to ship next Tuesday, US Priority mail. If you want to cover shipping, let me know and I can send you something. If you feel like trading, I'm looking for Physa snails (see this page or this page, halfway down, to identify if you have them) and I'm also interested in floating plants. Thanks!

Hitchhiker Note! The Java moss is likely to have some snail hitchhikers, most likely Planorbid ramshorns and/or Malaysian trumpet. Use an appropriate dip if you don't want to risk introducing them to your tank. The Marimo balls are much less likely to have hitchhikers, but it's possible.

I have plenty of Physa snails, at least 2 different species, and more floating plants than you have java moss. I'd be happy to swap, and will even include a clutch of Asolene spixi eggs if you like. They're actually quite useful for controlling other snails, since they eat snail eggs, including their own.
Floating plants available are Salvinia minima, Amazon frogbit, water lettuce, and there's always a bit of duckweed hitchiking.

Update:
Marimo balls are taken. There's still Java moss available. Anyone interested, please pm me.

Back
Top Bottom