Wanted: Limno. Aromatica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
After a horrible experience with AquariumPlants.com I'm looking for some limnophila aromatica.

Preferably at least 15-20 stems, but if you don't have that many then I'll just grow and propagate.

If you have any please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Peabodys paradise had some last I checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Peabodys paradise had some last I checked.

I think I looked there but they didn't have enough. I'll check again though, it's been a couple of weeks at least. Thanks.

Hanaquatics.com

It's a fast grower, you could prop. In a couple weeks I'd think.

Yeah that's what I just did actually. I had one stem of it that I got from Foster53, unfortunately he no longer grows it. But I just snipped off the top of it, cut off two side shoots and replanted them, and cleared a little space to make sure they get plenty of light.

Hopefully someone pops up that has at least a few stems to help speed the process up though.

I tried it twice, grew nice for a week or two than melted to sludge. I went with rotala macandra instead. Some plants are more sensitive to parameters than fish of you can believe that.

I just sold/gave away several stems last week! Down to just a few in my tank now. I started with 5 stems and once it got going, it took off. I even put some in my pond and it went emerged/emersed under direct sunlight. I've never seen in in that form.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just sold/gave away several stems last week! Down to just a few in my tank now. I started with 5 stems and once it got going, it took off. I even put some in my pond and it went emerged/emersed under direct sunlight. I've never seen in in that form.

What's the emerged section look like? Just the same?

And I know! Seeing your update about giving some to your group and all that is what made me pull the trigger on buying a few bunches from AquariumPlants.com. On the plus side though, the black sludge that they sent me and I tried to salvage made an excellent meal for the mts you sent me. Within one night 5 bunches of dead limno disappeared thanks to those snails, it was kind of creepy pulling out just the plant weights.

What's the emerged section look like? Just the same?

And I know! Seeing your update about giving some to your group and all that is what made me pull the trigger on buying a few bunches from AquariumPlants.com. On the plus side though, the black sludge that they sent me and I tried to salvage made an excellent meal for the mts you sent me. Within one night 5 bunches of dead limno disappeared thanks to those snails, it was kind of creepy pulling out just the plant weights.

The emerged form are about one quarter the size of the aquatic form. Does not appear to have the serrated edges on the leaves and are purple/brown colored. No shades of green or fuchsia.
I've ordered from AP once for plants and ferts. Would order the root pellets again. Ordered plants a few winters back and the plants arrived healthy despite the weather. The only thing I did not like was the shipping price; I opted for a larger order had a lower shipping cost. Ordered a bunch of plants I did not have room or requirements for (at the time) and a year later only had 1-2 types of plants from the original 12-13 types i ordered. That's too bad you paid for sludge. I'll keep you posted on any future trimmings.

I have a few emersed growth stems and also submerged stems

Back
Top Bottom