Wanted: Looking for a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If anyone is selling or getting rid of a tank, please let me know! Size doesn't really matter... I just need a tank for fry. I have a 10 gallon now, so if I can get a bigger tank, I'll move the adults, and if I can get a smaller tank (or the same size) I'll move the fry. I live near Hamilton in Ontario Canada. Thanks!
Melanie

Do you have PetCo's in Canada? Or do you live by the US? Petco is having a dollar per gallon sale, you could go pick up a 20 long, or a 55 :brows:

No petcos in canada. And isn't that just for the tank? How much do you think it'd be for a 55 gallon after buying a lid, light, filter, heater, thermometer, etc? lol. I think it'd still be pretty expensive. I was hoping to buy used and save more money that way. Hopefully with at least a lid and a light. I do live pretty close to the boarder, but i doubt I'd go out of the country just for a fish tank. lol.

There is petsmart a in Canada! For a full 55 it woul estimate it to be around 250ish. As far as finding one in the states that would be cheaper with shipping is unlikely. Idk if you have Craigslist but I got a 125 tank for 50.

There is petsmart a in Canada! For a full 55 it woul estimate it to be around 250ish. As far as finding one in the states that would be cheaper with shipping is unlikely. Idk if you have Craigslist but I got a 125 tank for 50.

Is that for just the tank? Yeah we have Craigslist. Trying to figure out how to navigate it :p

I have a 2.5 gallon but idk if that's what your looking for. I've never kept fry and idk what kind u have so... Let me know though

I have a 2.5 gallon but idk if that's what your looking for. I've never kept fry and idk what kind u have so... Let me know though

A 2.5 gallon is great! They are guppy fry I'm expecting any day now and also some swordtail fry. How much would you want for it? Can you ship?

I can ship but last time I shipped something very fragile it was like 12 bucks to buy the packaging and stuff to keep it safe. So name a price at that

Otherwise if you don't want to pay a bigger price than that, check ur local fish store, shipping is a pain to pay for and I understand that

Otherwise if you don't want to pay a bigger price than that, check ur local fish store, shipping is a pain to pay for and I understand that

Yeah, thanks for the offer, but it might end up being more expensive then if I just bought the tank. Thanks again though :)

Ik you'll find one cheaper especially if u don't have to pay for shipping. Just look you'll find it

If you knew home used options I could make it cheaper, like I could use a box at home and use paper bags n plastic bags wrap it in a towel or blanket but I couldn't promise it be 100% like now, I feel bad lol

Back
Top Bottom