Looking for an Overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you seen billyZ's DIY PVC overflow? I am considering one here shortly, just gotta get up the courage (and money) for another trip to the ER cause of a DIY project :mrgreen:

I say again, Billy deserves royalties on the "Z-Flow". I made one just for fun outta spare parts. I really think if you searches and found black PVC it would bemore functional and nicer to look at than a traditional.

Out of curiosity, why would black pvc be more functional?? I think it would look better...I plan on using the purple pvc primer to paint mine, but don't understand why it would be more functional.

well I did make Billy's PVC one a short while ago. and just posted my problem on the board... it siphons so fast that my water pump can not keep up with it. I was thinking of a ball valve or soemthing like that but then I would have to get the EXACT setting to get it to work right, for even if it was a little off.. one would start overflowing...

Hi Electrotubes,

I have the large CPR which I think is rated for 1600 GPH, but it works much slower as well (know this from experience because I once throttled back my pump to slow the current in the tank during a stress period).

But It will not be available for about a month. If you're interested let me know. It's in perfect shape and I'll include 2" plumbing (including union) along with it. I was thinking of putting it on ebay in about a month.

Very nice device. Every time I've done a water change this thing starts itself right up as soon as my pump starts returning water from the sump.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom