looking for co2 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
im looking for a 5lb co2 tank.i live near toronto ontario in canada so maybe some of the canandians can help so there isnt as much shipping i might be able to pick up..i have looked locally and there going for 95-150$can and thats quite exspensive for a co2 tank if u ask me so maybe someone can help:) thank you

Hey Ryan, I rent my tank from a place in Milton called Unitec. They are a welding supply company. They rent a 20 lb cylinder for 20 dollars a month, costs 30 dollars to fill it. They do not have tanks any smaller than 20lbs. I run three tanks with it with a three way manifold. It usually lasts a good 6-8 months running 24 hours a day. I am going to buy a tank from aquariumplants.com soon, just been to lazy to do it!
They will sell you a 5lb tank empty for 55 bucks us, a 10 lb will run you 75 bucks empty. They will sell them full as well, just add another 30 bucks to each tank.
I would check out Unitec, there is probably one in your area. Only catch with them is they won't fill the bottle for you unless you rent it from them. If you bring your own bottle to them they won't fill it. I am in the process of sourcing out another supplier of C02 and am going to buy a tank shortly, just been to lazy!

I just thought of this but you might be able to get refills from the local fire hall or fire station. They refill CO2 type fire extinguishers here and might have the ability to refill the smaller bottles. Who knows, maybe they will even have spare tanks that are suitable for CO2 systems from old oxygen tanks or what not.

I'd recommend buying a tank over renting one. I bought a 10 lb tank for about $90 off ebay. It'll pay for itself by the time I'm needing it refilled I'm sure. Welding places around here rent for about $10-15 a month.

I bought my 20lb tank from aquariumplants.com. I have a place locally that refills for really cheap though, but buying from AP was muuuuch cheaper than buying locally. My 20lb tank shipped here to Alabama was about $105 I think and a 10lb bottle here was selling for about $120. If you can find a place to fill your bottle locally, then I recommend AP. :)

Back
Top Bottom