Looking for frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody
I attached the first PM that I got from Bearfan after he got these frags from me that clearly reads that 2 of the frags made it.As for packing I put them in a styrofoam box then put it in a card board box which is the best way that I know of to ship frags.I allso sent him a replacement frag as he requested.

Inbox :: Message
To: Ducky
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:50 am
Subject: Shipment
Ducky-

Just got the shipment. The Clove Polyp should recover and the Giant Anthelia (thank you again) looks fine. The Pulsating Xenia on the other hand leaked and is dead as a doornail. There was no water in the bag whatsoever. I knew when it arrived in a plastic bag and the cardboard was soaked one of them took a final ride. I wanted to PM you before I posted anything so we can resolve this. I think the other corals look great and I don't want to shy people off because of a packaging problem. If you could replace the DOA Pulsating Xenia that would be great.

Thank You Again,

Bearfan.

Click here to vote!!! Aqua Rank's Website

This is the second PM from Bearfanafter he got his frags

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:01 am
Subject: Re: Re: Shipment
Ducky

Monday would be great! I don't think we need to mention anything further about this on the board, I don't want your service to take a hit. I like to see new people selling frags.

Have a great weekend.

Bearfan

You will note I said the clove polyp should recover. I'd never had it before and was optomistic. I also followed up with an email two days later asking if this is how it should be:

[/quote="Bearfan's Email"]From: Bearfan
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:07 am
Subject: Is this Normal for Clove Polyp
The attached picture is of the clove polyp after a couple of days. It doesn't seem to be bouncing back as fast as the Anthelia is. Is this normal for clove polyp? The stems are rather brown and the caps are retracted. I don't know if this is normal or not.[/quote]

I worked hard to resolve this issue, and was very gentlemanly in not openly bashing him and giving him every opportunity to correct the situation. He chose not to. BTW...the tiny Anthelia frag didn't make it through Monday either.

Ducky said:
This is the second PM from Bearfanafter he got his frags

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:01 am
Subject: Re: Re: Shipment
Ducky

Monday would be great! I don't think we need to mention anything further about this on the board, I don't want your service to take a hit. I like to see new people selling frags.

Have a great weekend.

Bearfan

Once again, you will notice I tried to be a gentleman, and meerly said I like to see new people selling frags. I worked hard to resolve this.

We've argued this enough. I think your shipping methods are shotty. I know you ripped me off. That's not going to change. Drop it and move on.

This is a copy of the last email that I sent to Bearfan

I have tried to make you happy.But no matter what I do you are not.I have been told to ship the frags in a stirofoam bx because that is the best way to ship them and that is how I sent them to you as well as the replacement coral that I sent to you.
(1) You said one frag did not make it
(2)I sent you another frag to replace the one that you said did not make it
(3)After I sent you another frag you said the other 2 did not make it
(4)Then you tell me that I sent you a box with nothing but water in it.
(5)I said that I would send you some more replacement frags and another extra just because only if you would pay for over night shipping.
(6)We never had any type of agreement other than you wanted me to send the frags to you by USPS Priority Mail because I have not had any problem with shipping that way.I said I would ship them by over night but you choose to go with Priority Mail because it was cheaper which I told you normally takes 2-3 days for delivery.I can not help it if your postal service does not deliver on time.
Ducky

To this I responded that I was not going to drop another $55 on an order he couldn't get right for $43. If I wanted to spend that much, I could have bought them at my LFS. He stated originally he could ship second day with no problem...he didn't. As a matter of fact, it took 4 days because he didn't ship until 4:30 in the afternoon.

I'm done with this. You know what I think. Spend at your own peril.

Hi Everybody
If anyone knows of a better way to package corals please let me know.I took Bearfans word for it and sent him another frag and I paid for shipping.Even after he got that frag he had a complant that there was not a frag in the bag.After this I felt that he was taking atvantage of my good nature and just tring to get some more frags from me for free.But I still said that I would replace all of the frags for free and send him another free frag but he would have to pay for over night shipping.
I will still send him some more frags just as I said I would even now after he has filed a paypal complant but I will not eat the cost of shipping.I think that I have been more than fair.

This is garbage. I was not trying to get frags for free. I've spent thousands on this tank, would I try to rip someone off for $30? My request was to cancel the order and refund my money minus the actual shipping costs he paid. I thought this was more than fair.

Anyone who has been on this board knows I praise www.liverocks.com every chance I get, and I spent over 10x the amount with them. I even praise www.bigalsonline.com now since they corrected my first order and have spent well over $1000 with them. Will I see my $30 again...doesn't look like it. I don't care about the money, it's about principle, and I don't want to see other people get scammed into this without fair warning. He said he could deliver, he can't, and now he wants me to pay more to deliver. I think this is almost a bait and switch. I can get it alive to you for $13....well, that didn't work so pay the $55 on top of the $13 you already did.

After doing a search of the 56 posts on this board by ducky, I have determined that he as been running a commerial enterprise on this board through our classifieds section. I am also disappointed in myself for not catching this a whole lot sooner. That just makes it that much more sad that I have to terminate ducky's posting priveages.

I am also locking this thread, but I will post this, about the situation first.

In his situation, I wouldn't replace the frags at all.

You chose a few frags that do not ship well, and it's blistering hot in TX as well as here, not sure how it is up north. Environmental conditions are against you for a priority mail type thing, I would only use that for very tough corals and in the spring when overnight temps are still cool and fall, for the same reason. Winter and summer, are not the priority mail type season, course I would have been up front that I don't recommend it, and if you chose that method for shipping, it was at your own risk.

If ducky did not, as it appears, give you that warning, then I think he is liable to make you happy and refund your purchase. If you have a you bought it, it's yours policy, that should be clearly stated when arranging the sale, if it isn't, IMO, the buyer is in the right, and you are in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom