Looking for Leftover Sand and Flourite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemurLad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heya folks,
I'm starting up a 5.5 gallon and all I have left to get is the substrate. Being on a student budget and living in a dorm with little room, I don't need a 50lb bag of pool sand sitting around. Flourite would be a great help also, but again, don't really want 20lbs of Flourite sitting around.

If anyone has some leftover pool sand and flourite they could donate, I only need 3-5 pounds of each, and I'd pay the shipping.

Thanks very much,
LL

Heya folks,
I'm starting up a 5.5 gallon and all I have left to get is the substrate. Being on a student budget and living in a dorm with little room, I don't need a 50lb bag of pool sand sitting around. Flourite would be a great help also, but again, don't really want 20lbs of Flourite sitting around.

If anyone has some leftover pool sand and flourite they could donate, I only need 3-5 pounds of each, and I'd pay the shipping.

Thanks very much,
LL

if you setting up a saltwater tank you dont want to use pool sand it is very bad, and will be alot of problems for you

He mentioned Flourite, which is an enriched planted-tank substrate....and plants can only mean one thing..
Right?

Check the mom and pop stores sometimes they have torn bags they are willing to sell. Local aquarium forums is another good place to pick up small amounts of substrate.

fyi, shipping will cost more than what it would cost to buy a bag of sand... like the others mentioned, place a wanted ad on craigslist. you may even luck out and find a nice healthy tank that somebody will let you get some out of, then speed up the cycle tremendously :)

Back
Top Bottom