Looking.. For Mantis Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firerescue2002

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for mantis shrimp to do some research on. If you have any mantis shrimp that you are willing to part with please contact me at your convenience.

*NOTE*
The shrimp will NOTbe used for fighting purposes
or any other experiment that will or potentialy could harm the shrimp. I will be doing mostly captive husbandry research as well as captive diet and behavioral research. In preparation for natural/wild observations and study this summer and fall.

I will pay for the mantis as long as the price is reasonable. I will provide a heat pack if you do not have one to sell, I have plenty and can ship them to you for packaging.

Please let me know and thanks for your help,
Andrew Dillon
firescue2002@earthlink.net
217-787-9466
or PM me

I'll be getting some LR one week from today. I've no use for them, so if I find any, I'll certainly let you know.

i will be getting a live rock shippment from liverock.com and i would guess that there will be some in that rock so if i can catch them they are yours. i should be getting that rock on about wed of next week.

How would I go about shipping them? I could easily fit them in cheap tupperware, surround them in styrofoam, and ship them priority on their happy little way, but since it is still pretty chilly where we live, how would I go about providing heat packs? Is that something that's readily available at a shipping store, or what's an alternative? My live rock comes tomorrow, so I'll know if I snagged any or not. =]

Sorry Down here Wally world = Wal Mart. And the heat packs are called hot hands. Usually in the sporting/hunting dept. 8O

AH! That's where I'd heard of that name before! The hot hands that is. Gotcha, never heard the wally world thing before, and I was raised in GA! Anywho, thanks for the tip. :)

Still Looking If you guys Can Help ME... Sorry for all who have PM and I responded to late.... I have been out of town and swamped with things going on, if you can understand that..... I am still looking for the critters so please help...

Andrew

I have one in my tank, I need to remove him before I add my fish after quarantine is over. He looks like 3 inches long as is very quick. I will set up a DIY trap outside his home rock. Can they survive without water during shipment? I have a few pics if you want them.

Looks good, outside of water I am unshure on how long. However I would feel more comfortable if you could ship him in a container with some water. Let me know how the DIY trap works out....

Andrew

I can't seem to find him anymore. I setup a trap, all I keep catching are my hermit crabs. I saw him go into my live rock once, pulled the rock out and dipped it into the fizzing water. He must of left the rock through another hole, because he never came out. I think I scared him and now he is hiding from me. I haven't spotted him since.

Back
Top Bottom