For Sale or trade: Mature Male Pearl Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GouramiLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I obtained two pearl gouramis 3 months ago. The one I am looking to sell or trade matured first, the other appeared to be a female, until recently. Turns out they are both males.

Since the older male is becoming aggressive with the younger male I am looking to sell the older male. I am hoping to stay local in the reno, nv area since I have never shipped fish before. I am asking 6$.

Alternatively, I would gladly trade for a mature female pearl gourami, or plants.

please message me or reply here if you are interested.

Attachments

• DSCN0582.jpg
    DSCN0582.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 154
I would be willing to drop him off in the golden valley area, truckee, lake tahoe, or even the carson city area.

I would really like to rehome him soon.

I believe that is a female. I have one exactly looked like that. Males tend to be more brighter orange and much thinner or longer body.

Sent from my N800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They both have the filaments on their lower fin which is suppose to be only seen in the males. I do agree that they do not seem as orange as they should be, but this picture washes him out a lot.

I will post this picture elsewhere and get more opinions, thanks!

Okay...just seemed so similar to my female one...here's her pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20140103_145258_024.jpg
    IMG_20140103_145258_024.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20140103_145312_592.jpg
    IMG_20140103_145312_592.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Looking at your'a I have to agree. The younger pearl I have looks more like yours. It appears that "he" is just beginning to get his black and white striped filaments. I am sure there is a more technical term for the filaments... But that is what they look like to me, they are not webbed btwn them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391136380.766489.jpg

Here is a closer version of the same fish, the "filaments" are on his lower large fin, I think it's his anal fin ?

I have to say sexing pearl gouramis is tough!

I LOVE him as well, I would rather rehome the younger one, but I am not entirely sure it is male yet.

I love my pearls!

Wish I knew how to ship fish, the Reno area seems to have a nearly nonexistent fish keeping community.

I LOVE him as well, I would rather rehome the younger one, but I am not entirely sure it is male yet.

I love my pearls!

Wish I knew how to ship fish, the Reno area seems to have a nearly nonexistent fish keeping community.

I do love pearls too. I used to have a pair. My male died. So I would like to have yours too if you'd like to ship. I'll pay for shipping. I know most member here put a Styrofoam in a priority mail box, and put a heatpack, then have the fish in a baggie with tank water and put another styro in the top before closing the box.

Sent from my N800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom