MUST GIVE AWAY MY TWO STOCKED AND STABLE TANKS - HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wufmama

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:cry:
*sigh*...I am no longer physically able to handle taking care of my two small tanks. I have a 10 gal and a 15 gal, running, stocked, healthy and stable for several years.

The 10 gal is a natural stone and plants setup, with only two gorgeous gold gouramis in it, running with a WhisPer filter, heater, etc.

The 15 gal is an artifical stone and plants setup, with 2 Bala sharks, 2 angelicus cats, 2 cory cats, a pleco, and an apple snail, also with whisper filter, heater etc.

I am disabled, and cant physically manage hauling the buckets to do the regular vacuuming, water changes, and refills anymore, and have no one around to help me with any of it. I want to adopt the fish, the tanks, setups, and all the assorted supplies and equipment I have out to somone who loves fish, and is able to care for them.

I would ask folks here - please pass the word along to anyone you might know thru this and other forums, and who is is the Lincoln, Ne., USA area.... so that I can locate someone to rescue my fish.

I was on the forums at different times in the past, but cant recall which one had folks on it from this area...so if people could pass the word, that would be great.

PLEASE have anyone interested email me directly, at sweetjazzmin@hotmail.com

Thanks

Do you know any neighborhood "kids" ??
Because im sure you could con a few 12-15 year olds to help you maintain your tanks if you pay them like $5-$10 for cleaning the tanks once a week (or however often)

If not, Im sorry that you can't keep your tanks, and I hope you find someone to take over them =o)

You could try Craigslist.orig. There is a fair bit of aquarium classifieds in the local forums. Shame you have to get rid of the tanks. Have you considered getting a Python to eliminate the buckets?

Hiya folks

I am pretty isolated here, and a disabled grad student, have no kids ava to try and do that with.

RE: the Python, I am not sure what that is, but with my physicall limitations as they are now, even hauling out the filters with water in them, to clean and change, is pretty much beyond me at this point.

Thanks for you advice, and hopefully someone local will turn up to adopt these.

RE: craigslist - its pretty inactive around here, and even freecycle doesnt get much activity here. I can post something to those tho - I didnt think of it until you mentioned it, because they ARE so inactive in this area.

Thanks again

sorry to hear that you are unable to keep your fish. one other option to look into is if the college (or any others around you) you are attending has a fish/aquarium club. some do, some dont. college kids are always looking to get stuff for free, and someone that is in a club or group related to fish and aquariums would probably be pretty trustworthy so that you know your fish arent going to just go to someone that will not take care of them. or, possibly, they might be willing to come and maintain it each week.

also, i see that you have posted this in the regional forum. hopefully someone cose to you will notice it.

just thought i would mention another option...

~mike

Back
Top Bottom