For Sale or trade: Petrified Wood - Rock Hounds - Scape Your Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Hi,

Have appx. 50 petrified wood rocks. These were from an estate and collected by a rock hound over 50+ years, mostly in Arizona and New Mexico, and California...the West.

There are many golden, chocolate brown, ebony colored and a few more collectible/valuable ones which have Quartz in the form of Chalcedony, Agate and Jasper. There are most colors of golden, brown and some red, white, grey, ebony, amber and rarely blue.

Some smaller examples can be viewed in my album pics in my tanks (not the lava rock or white stones, but most of the rest.

There are smooth, jagged, or log like. The ones in my tanks are for display purposes. (Unless you have something spectacular to trade)

Rocks are all natural. Most are Medium/Large 8/9"x4-6" Some larger and, some smaller. A limited number available for Micro and Nano tanks.

Pretty pieces and nice just to know you have an amazing item for your aquarium. Small chunks 2x3in chips of rock can sell for $5.00.

These are nice pieces, not chips.

Mine will vary in price based upon the quality and less than what you might otherwise pay.

Basic Quality - Lovely rich coloring but NO special "wood" looking features like bark, knots, branch crooks, tree rings or more rare colorations- Opalized wood, special white and blue Agate, Carnelian or Black Obsidian, bright red, clear or white druzy quartz, but cool looking stones with a long history and character. $5-15

Special - Have two or more of the above mentioned attributes. $10-25

Not your commonly available accent pieces. Unique and valuable. Create your own special scape with an awesome Petrified Rock.

Let me know what type and size you are looking for and I will find what best suits your request. I will add more pics of the exact items to the album as I have time to take more pics.

Sizes Nano/Micro - Small - Medium - Large - XLarge

Shipping (USA all states) is appx. Do what I can to make it best value.

$3.50-4 for 1-2 small rocks

1-2 medium rocks fit in $5.15 flat rate box

3-5 med. or 1-2 larger rocks $8.50-10.85

Trades? I am looking for Low to Medium light plants, Anubias all kinds, different kinds of moss other than Java moss.

Dwarf Shrimp like Painted Fire Red Shrimp, Blue Tiger Shrimp, Blue or Green Babaulti, possibly... :brows: Interested in blue and orange shrimp.

Harlequin Rasboras, Dwarf Cories or Goldstripe Cories, exceptionally gorgeous Guppies. Or...

Let me know what you would like to trade. :thanks: for looking!

Almost all of them are listed take a peak and make your own Petrified Forest.

Descriptions of the Petrified wood are listed in the picture caption along with most of the prices!

Last edited:
OBEYtheFISH said:
Austin you can get 50
I'll take 51 ^-^

Thank you so much! But it's ok, I was planning on saving them for a future nano but I'd much rather have someone using them. So don't worry, I really appreciate it though! ^_^ I'm starting to like number 52, just because it's smaller.

How much would number 27 and 52 be?

I just came up on a big box of seiryu stone >.<
So I just want 51 & one a bit smaller for a Scape I'm working on

If you want to reserve your very own piece of ancient history, PM me so I know which one you want. Then I can post it so everyone will know what is still available.

Will keep info as up to date as I can with a list of Hold (1 day) and Sold. Let me know if you want to be on the list for a particular # if it doesn't go from Hold to Sold. I can be flexible with a commitment, to wait for paydays. :flowers: I will be jotting these down in the order they are received. I want you to get an exciting piece for your Scape! Thank you for looking!

Hold for
#50 & #52

Sold pending payment

Update

Sold

#51 :fish2:

Hold

It has been suggested 2 day hold is preferred. Let me know if you have any plants to trade. Also looking For JEBO 4 pin light bulbs 2G11 base in line pins, not UV sterilizer.

Thank you for looking! :fish1:

End of June update

Added a couple of pics in my regular album for some small pieces, but aren't numbered.

Only 27 and 51 are not available, otherwise wide open.

There are awesome planted tanks created with Petrified wood. These are unique stones which will set your display apart from the crowd.

Many smaller pieces available for Micro and Nano set ups. Even have some tiny pieces 2" appx.

PM me for requests and other details.

Back
Top Bottom