For Sale: Pike Livebearer - Belonasox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henningc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a group of 5 that are almost 3" long. They are currently unsexed, but you will end up with both sexes. These little guys are growing quickly and can now take small rosy reds, full grown guppys, Endlers and juv swords and platys. I did not include a photo as you can find them on the net. These guys are no fashion statement, they are large predatory livebearers with a mouth full of teeth. Females grow to 9" or larger with males topping out around 4"-5". I keep them with adult convicts and firemouth cichlids.

Don't Purchase these if:

You don't have a ready food source

Don't have at least a 20gal tank, 20L works nicely although the larger the better

It is illegal in your state to own these

If you plan to breed these and they should be ready to breed in 60-90 days, I can assist you in establishing a food source of Endlers. If you have an extra 20L or even a live stock vat it will work. I typically take 20-25 fry and raise them. After two - three weeks of live baby brine shrimp, misquito larva-depending on time of year, and a few other non-live foods the growing group can and will eat the other fry if introduced. My females drop between 30-70 fry. The more well fed the female the larger the fry.:brows:

I'll entertain offers for these fish for the next 10 days. Keep in mind this is an opportunity that dosen't come around often.

If you're interested, we can make a deal for a future batch of fry and you can get the Endlers now to get a head start. A group of 10-12 females Endlers should be able to produce enough fry and those fry just begin to produce by July. You can likely feed a group of 10-15 to the size able to take rosy reds and eventually goldfish.

I anticipate addition groups of fry in July.

Revision: They can now take rosy reds and are a few weeks from sexing out. $35 pr plus shipping once sexed out.

Back
Top Bottom