Wanted: Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazy4fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need a good amount of plants for my aquarium I dnt care what type. If you have any please let me know

Hi. What size tank? Low light setup or high light? You looking for floaters like duckweed and salvinia also? A little info about your setup or your plans will help narrow down what you are after.

Yeah that might help. I may have some stem plants but i know for sure i have some Hornwort that is growing really fast!

I have a 20 gallon tank and a 30 gallon tank. I'm not sure if I need low light or not. I keep the light on the tank for about 8 hours a day so I think I need high light plants.

How long the lights are on isn't as important as the lighting type. Do you have a standard lighting fixture, or is it one meant for plants? If you're using a standard fixture you'll want low light plants since you don't have the spectrum or intensity that higher light plants need.

Yes, I will then need low light plants. Is there any low light plants you recommend or want to sell?

Yes, I will then need low light plants. Is there any low light plants you recommend or want to sell?

My plants are all medium/high light, so I can't help you there... Anubias, any type of moss, crypts, hornwort, or anacharis are good bets for low light. Amazon swords can do okay in low light, but will grow very slowly. Floating plants should do fine since they'll be close enough to the light they won't care.

I can send a priority insulated package of various plant clippings including anacharis, moss, wisteria, ludwigia, duckweed, salvinia, and whatever else i find from my tanks for $20 shipped if interested.

Luananeko said:
My plants are all medium/high light, so I can't help you there... Anubias, any type of moss, crypts, hornwort, or anacharis are good bets for low light. Amazon swords can do okay in low light, but will grow very slowly. Floating plants should do fine since they'll be close enough to the light they won't care.

Ok thank you

jetajockey said:
I can send a priority insulated package of various plant clippings including anacharis, moss, wisteria, ludwigia, duckweed, salvinia, and whatever else i find from my tanks for $20 shipped if interested.

That would be great!!!

Back
Top Bottom