Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > Classifieds > Archive
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Plants Available

I will have some plants available next week. I ask $6 via non CC Paypal to cover the shipping and packaging costs.

Fissidens fontanus
Water Lettuce
Red Root Floater

There may be some additional plants that need trimming, but I won't know until I get my hands wet.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrbox View Post
I will have some plants available next week. I ask $6 via non CC Paypal to cover the shipping and packaging costs.

Fissidens fontanus
Water Lettuce
Red Root Floater

There may be some additional plants that need trimming, but I won't know until I get my hands wet.

I wouldn't mind trying out some Fissidens. Just let me know where to send the money.

Thanks Joy.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

PM Sent.

Water Lettuce and Red Root Floater have been tossed due to lack of interest.

Still one portion of Fissidens fontanus available.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I wanted to give Joy some feedback and praise here.

After a very long absence, I have set up an aquarium. Joy not only offered suggestions and help, she offered to share a few cuttings of some rare plants to help with my new tank collection. Her plants are beautiful and her generosity, both with her plants and with her experience is a delight. Thank you Joy!

Earl
Old 09-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

*Bump*

Last chance on the final portion of Fissidens fontanus. If I don't get any takers, It'll go to my local fish club meeting on Tuesday. This is a really awesome moss that generally is sold by the frond and not given away for the price of shipping.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrbox View Post
*Bump*

Last chance on the final portion of Fissidens fontanus. If I don't get any takers, It'll go to my local fish club meeting on Tuesday. This is a really awesome moss that generally is sold by the frond and not given away for the price of shipping.
Joy, I'm not super familiar with Fissidens though I've seen a few pics of it and it definitely looks nice. Do you think it would grow in a relatively low-tech setup? (By that I mean, 30W spiral CF over a 10 gallon tank, no CO2)?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Claimed Pending Payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Joy, I'm not super familiar with Fissidens though I've seen a few pics of it and it definitely looks nice. Do you think it would grow in a relatively low-tech setup? (By that I mean, 30W spiral CF over a 10 gallon tank, no CO2)?
Most mosses will do well as long as they have at least medium light, and a few will do well with less light (like Java Moss). CO2 injection is not a must. I've only grown Fissidens fontanus in High Light so I'm not sure how little light it would tolerate. As such, it may or may not do well in your setup, but would be worth a try.

Tags
plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com