Plants Available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will have some plants available next week. I ask $6 via non CC Paypal to cover the shipping and packaging costs.

Fissidens fontanus
Water Lettuce
Red Root Floater

There may be some additional plants that need trimming, but I won't know until I get my hands wet.

I will have some plants available next week. I ask $6 via non CC Paypal to cover the shipping and packaging costs.

Fissidens fontanus
Water Lettuce
Red Root Floater

There may be some additional plants that need trimming, but I won't know until I get my hands wet.

I wouldn't mind trying out some Fissidens. Just let me know where to send the money.

Thanks Joy.

PM Sent.

Water Lettuce and Red Root Floater have been tossed due to lack of interest.

Still one portion of Fissidens fontanus available.

Last edited:
I wanted to give Joy some feedback and praise here.

After a very long absence, I have set up an aquarium. Joy not only offered suggestions and help, she offered to share a few cuttings of some rare plants to help with my new tank collection. Her plants are beautiful and her generosity, both with her plants and with her experience is a delight. Thank you Joy!

Earl

*Bump*

Last chance on the final portion of Fissidens fontanus. If I don't get any takers, It'll go to my local fish club meeting on Tuesday. This is a really awesome moss that generally is sold by the frond and not given away for the price of shipping.

*Bump*

Last chance on the final portion of Fissidens fontanus. If I don't get any takers, It'll go to my local fish club meeting on Tuesday. This is a really awesome moss that generally is sold by the frond and not given away for the price of shipping.

Joy, I'm not super familiar with Fissidens though I've seen a few pics of it and it definitely looks nice. Do you think it would grow in a relatively low-tech setup? (By that I mean, 30W spiral CF over a 10 gallon tank, no CO2)?

Claimed Pending Payment.

Joy, I'm not super familiar with Fissidens though I've seen a few pics of it and it definitely looks nice. Do you think it would grow in a relatively low-tech setup? (By that I mean, 30W spiral CF over a 10 gallon tank, no CO2)?

Most mosses will do well as long as they have at least medium light, and a few will do well with less light (like Java Moss). CO2 injection is not a must. I've only grown Fissidens fontanus in High Light so I'm not sure how little light it would tolerate. As such, it may or may not do well in your setup, but would be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom