Plants for trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some Vallisneria Americana that in need to get rid of. Looking for a trade (need to fill the hole), anything will be considered, but looking for…

Lobelia cardinalis
Shinnersia rivularis
Limnophila indica
Proserpinaca palustris
Alternanthera reineckii

blazeyreef said:
JDogg said:
blazeyreef said:
its to cold here :(
how cold is it? it was -5 here this morning :D
ok not that cold LOL in the mornings its like 10, but warms up to like 36 eventually :)
personaly i have sucsessfuly shiped plants in weather like that, aslong as they do not have to sit outside in a mail box

I just received plants in Ohio from who knows where - and had no trouble. They arrived fine and took almost 3 days to arrive. They were COLD in the box, but planted well and are flourishing in my tank.

Just pack them well, and dont let them sit outside. I had them shipped to my office so I wouldnt come home to a frozen box on my porch.

Its possible, just do it!

PS heat packs cost 1.00 at any sporting goods store or auto parts store. worth their weight in gold this time of year.

I keep those heating packs around because I have to reff soccer in the winter.... lol so that may be a possibility :D
godzilla said:
I just received plants in Ohio from who knows where - and had no trouble. They arrived fine and took almost 3 days to arrive. They were COLD in the box, but planted well and are flourishing in my tank.

Just pack them well, and dont let them sit outside. I had them shipped to my office so I wouldnt come home to a frozen box on my porch.

Its possible, just do it!

PS heat packs cost 1.00 at any sporting goods store or auto parts store. worth their weight in gold this time of year.

It would be nice for OP's to have either pictures of the specific trimmings or at least links to plantgeek or something. That way us less familiar with scientific plant names can quickly tell if its something that interests us.

7Enigma said:
It would be nice for OP's to have either pictures of the specific trimmings or at least links to plantgeek or something. That way us less familiar with scientific plant names can quickly tell if its something that interests us.
Jungle Val

i am also adding Primrose and Dwarf Sag to my list of plants i need to get ride of :D

Awesome JDogg! It would be great if anyone posting a new thread could include hyperlinks similar to what you did. Makes it very quick and easy for us less knowledgeable to understand in a second or two what is being bartered.

7Enigma said:
Awesome JDogg! It would be great if anyone posting a new thread could include hyperlinks similar to what you did. Makes it very quick and easy for us less knowledgeable to understand in a second or two what is being bartered.
i usualy keep plant geek open and copy/past any scientific names into the search box, but it is good that the seller/give away-er does the hard work:D

well they have been in a bucket of water since saturday, i think unless someone claims them today i may have to take them to the LFS, just do not have the heart o just dump them :(

Back
Top Bottom