PLEASE TAKE MY MALAYSIAN TRUMPET SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgkaelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
please please please. whoever wants them, email me with how many you want (i have TONS), tell me how to pack them so they won't die in transit, and they're YOURS! they're starting to smell up my room. EW!!!!!!!

I don't know how to ship them, I don't think it would be as hard as shipping fish though... I believe whiteangel was looking for snails... I want to say there was someone else but that's all I could think of off hand...

Unless they are in snail mail you can ship them like fish...better yet if it is overnight or priority you can stick a dozen or so in a baggie. Just put a detox product t imes double, pack em in popcorn (don't wanna use styro or buy it? Pop some...birds will love it!) and newsprint. Send em away. They don't die in temp drops as long as it isn't extreme. Summer might pose a prob. :roll:
Prioity mail and paypal and you are less some snails.
Even I was looking for snails..I can't keep enough. My daughter has very bare tanks for her bettas (as far as live plants go) only breeeding tanks have real plants but half the buggers eat snails. And many of the tanks have botia loaches. And I am not givin up my high price apples for snacks! As it is I ended up having to but expensive ones as big as a fist to keep em safe!

You still stuck later..like end of this week?
I'll paypal ya $5 bucks myself for a few dozen and 2 day mail.

I am surprised no one loves their loachies enough to snag some yet..heh!

2 day priority mail (usps) for up to 2 pounds is $4.90

That would be 1.5 cups of water + snails in a bag with some air that would fit in a small square box.

Maybe use a water conditioner which has "ammo lock" in it.

I will take as many as will fit without exceeding 2 pounds total weight (box, packing materials, water, and snails).

I'll paypal you $5.75 [shipping and packing materials] at the end of the week (ship snails on monday) if this seems satisfactory to you. Just PM or email me with your paypal information.

in my experience with these guys, they wont die no matter how you send em.

in my experience with these guys, they wont die no matter how you send em.

Really?I just sent weighed box priority for 3 sumfin.
I sent ahuge box back to some breder for 4 bucks priority.

WEll I'll check shippin them...I was thinking him getting a few buck per handful for the effort of havin em..heh

Under 1 pound is $3.85 with priority.

This was using a generic LA zipcode and my zipcode. UPS was outrageous in comparison for a 2day shipment.

If snails are that tough and you can manage to keep the weight under 1pound with snails and water I can do that for the same $5.75 as listed above. 1 cup of water weighs about 0.52 pounds (roughly 8oz) so that would give 0.48 pounds to work with as far as packing materials and snails go...I would also double bag it just incase. Remember that as soon as you go over 1lb the shipping cost jumps up to $4.90 for priority.

Yeah LA was where the box wentto...Bettatalk. Wants dem boxes BACK. Heh!

If it goes over 5 then i guess 'd need a double order.. :roll: :lol:
If it ends up too many here are tanks I can dump them in and forget they were there..heh

4lbs would be $8.05...you could send one package to Christmasfish and I could take half the snails. You live near Olympia correct Christmasfish? I could simply plan my next trip for shopping at Ft. Lewis to coincide with the day the snails arrive if that would be easiest (it would save $1.75 on shipping) and Christmasfish does not mind. Thus, two payments of $5 would still offer $1.95 for packaging and your efforts.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i didn't check this thread and now people are interested. THANK GOD. patryuji i just responded to you and christmasfish i will send you some too! PM coming right up!

Back
Top Bottom