Saddle Valentini Puffer-Central WI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christopherkath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a healthy Saddle Valentini Puffer that I just purchased not being informed that they are not reef friendly. I would trade him for a small coral or small reef friendly fish.

Oh NVM I am going to have corals as well.

Cant you take it back the the LFS?

Hmmm, I wish it was reef safe or I would take it.

Have you tried ebay? Figure out shipping and start the bid at a penny.

Surely there are other fish stores in your area/surrounding areas. Or a local fish club. Even an ad in your local paper or freebie news papers. Are you willing to ship? I would just set up another tank. Wouldn't have to be fancy, but that's surely better than threatening to flush him. Not like it's the fishes fault you didn't research first. :|

yea, well if you want to travel 1/2 way across the stat to do something with a fish thats your choice, have the $$ to set up a new tank? Great 4u! If I cant find someone to take him flushing is the most cost effective. After all he is too small to eat, although I wonder if they are any good :p And no sorry he's not worth my hassle to ship

Try looking on the net for small-time aquarium sellers.

They might take him for shipping.

christopherkath said:
yea, well if you want to travel 1/2 way across the stat to do something with a fish thats your choice, have the $$ to set up a new tank? Great 4u! If I cant find someone to take him flushing is the most cost effective. After all he is too small to eat, although I wonder if they are any good :p And no sorry he's not worth my hassle to ship

So you could afford to buy the fish and waste money flushing him but you can't afford ten bucks for a ten gallon tank and 12bucks for a ph so you'd have a place to keep him? :roll: What about the fish clubs? Nothing in your area? Or do you refuse to look? Surely your town/city have a local paper you could advertise in. There are options you just have to look for them. Also, yes, I would take him a trip across state and maybe getting some store credit from another store than to punish him for your mistakes.

Fish are not disposable. Do the responsible thing and figure it out. You are telling me there is no LFS in your area that will not take a free fish?

Sorry, but this is a horribly irresponsible thing to even suggest. I'm not certain you're mature enough to keep fish if you just want to flush the ones you don't like anymore.
If you had a dog that didn't behave perfectly, would you just toss it in the garbage? Its the same thing as flushing a healthy living fish.

Back
Top Bottom