Selling Everything. Financial Crisis (VA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone.

As I sit here and type this out I'm sick to my stomach with the fact I have to do this. Due to some unexpected and sudden issues I have to sell my entire setup. The financial mess we seem to be in has hit home and I am in desperate need of funds. Being as it is, a luxury, the tank is no longer something I can keep. Many of you may have read through my thread and the issues I had during the upgrade, well I guess fate was trying to tell me something.

Pictures can be found here.

I really need to move this as quickly as possible as I am in need of the extra money. My wife is a full time student and we have a 3 year old son. Times are very tight right now. As of now this is for the entire system, everything I have related to my reef tank. I am asking $4000.00 for the complete setup. The LR would cost nearly half that alone. This is an established system with proven coral growth results. After the upgrade I lost some colonies do to issues so I ended up back at square 1.5 with frags and mini colonies. This is for the local Northern VA area only. I will not and can not ship.

Here is what I am selling:

120g Perfecto Tank (48x24x24 non-drilled) Stand included with granite top (this was built by me and not finished)
55g AGA Tank (used as my frag tank) With Pine Stand
20g Tall (in use as a fuge)
ASM G4X Recirulating skimmer (Sedra 9000)
Mag 7
Mag 5
A few other pumps
2 Tunze Nano Streams 6025 (660gph)
2 Hydor Koralias 1s (I think they are 1s)
Dual Eshopps PF-1000 overflows
Dual 175w MH Ballast (PFO with sockets and wiring currently in use on the 120)
Unknown Dual MH/VHO fixture. Dual 175w MH and Dual Actinics. In use over frag system
2x54w T5HO TEK Retro kit (in use over 120)
2x110w VHO (ARO Ballast) In use over 120
100GPD RO/DI unit (6 stage)

Roughly 240lbs of LR. 140lbs of sand.

A quick listing of the corals:
ORA Blue Tort (7+" multiple branches)
ORA Blue Stag (8+" multiple brances)
ORA Roscoe's (4")
ORA Chips Acro (2")
ORA Pink Birds Nest 4"
A nice mini colony of green Pavona
Medium sized colony of Pink Pocillipora (about the size of a softball)
Green Slimer
Multi head duncan (8+ Heads)
Large Green Trachyphyllia (kind of metallic looking)
Toad stool
Sinularia ??
Several different Ricordeas
A wide assortment of Zoas. AOG, Dragon Eye etc.
Rose BTA

Fish:
Paired O. Clowns (ORA and ORA no-bar)
Copper Banded Butterfly (will eat out of your hand)
Yellow Belly Hippo Tang (3”)
Yellow Tang 4”
3 PJ Cardinals
Royal Gramma
Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
Magenta Dottyback

Mated Pair of O. Clowns (in frag tank)
3 Green Chromis (in frag tank)

The 55g Frag tank is packed full of SPS, LPS Zoas and mushrooms. I have a giant Frogspawn. Tons of Digitata that are fully encrusted on the plugs. 2 colonies of Trumpet/Candy Cane (mint green) that are very large. I haven’t counted the heads but they are easily the size of a softball each.

Thank you for looking.

Aww dude, that sucks. Good luck. I'll keep watching in case you start to part it out.

BOL,

C-Ahab

Allen that sucks, I'm so sorry you have to do this.

If you opt to part out, let me know - I can't do the whole system (although I wish I could)

if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Current Shot of the tank.
1011955smalltx1.jpg

ah, i see. i dont think that you will have a problem selling much of that stuff, as a whole or parting out.

Sorry to hear about your problems Ziggy. That really sucks.

I think I remember reading you bought Lumenarcs or Lumenbrites? If so, I may be interested in them if you are parting anything out.

Sorry to hear about your problems Ziggy. That really sucks.

I think I remember reading you bought Lumenarcs or Lumenbrites? If so, I may be interested in them if you are parting anything out.

I was able to return those as they were unopened and unused.

I'm really sorry to have read your news. You've worked so very hard to get that new setup going.

Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell off any corals.

Good luck to you and the Mrs.

I'd love to but it just can't afford it. If you have to part it out I'd be interested in the frag tank set up.

I will more then likely have to part things out. Right now I'm working on a price list for all my corals. I may be able to get what I need from just selling all the corals, and be able to keep the setup with the fish and LR. I can always get corals again.

I'll update things as I go over the next couple of days.

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. You are true friends and I appreciate you!

It saddens me to hear about this. Here's for the best Allen!

Thanks. I may be able to sell off all the corals in the system and keep the tanks, fish LR and equipment. I'm working on that now. Stay tuned to this thread if you are interested in picking up some corals from me.

Ugh, that makes me sick! I can probably take some stuff off your hands. I'll PM you.

Well since everyone seems to want one thing or another and not the whole system here is a starting list of the corals I have for sale out of the 120. Pictures of most can be seen on my thread. I will try and post additional pictures or I can email specific pics to you. I don't have the greatest camera so the pics will not do justice to the corals.

Please be patient with me in processing PMs and repsonding to the thread. I will be putting together a spreadsheet of all responses to keep track of who wants what and so forth. Thank you all for the kind words and your help.

I have this same ad listed on my local club website also.

ORA Blue Tort 7" multi branch ($90) SOLD
ORA Blue Tip Stag 8" ($90)
ORA Roscoe's 4" ($60)
ORA Pink Birds Nest 4" ($35)
ORA Pink Birds Nest 2" ($25)
ORA Chips Acro 2.5" ($60)
ORA Green Birds Nest(5) 1.5-2" ($20)
Blue Acro Mini colony 2.5" ($50)
Unknown Blue Tort 1.5" ($30)
Pink Pocillipora Colony 7" (softball size) ($90)
Teal Acro Colony 7" multi branch ($65)
12 Head Duncan colony 12 heads ($45)
Trachophyllia Large ($100)
Toad stool Large ($40)
Green Pavona 3" ($45)
Green Slimer 3" ($35)
Assorted Digitata Frags 1.5-2" (50 frags) ($15 each)
Large Orange Monti Cap 5+" ($35)
Pink Torch 3" ($30)
Green Monti Cap on rock 3" ($35)
Teal Acro Frags (25) 1.5" ($15 each)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom