tanks and fish, Western North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some unexpected opportunities have come up and so I am having to de-fish myself. Sooooo... here it goes:

I've got a big Flower Horn (8 inches) who needs a home. He currently resides in a 55 gallon tank and cannot live in anything smaller. WARNING: this fish is *very* aggressive and cannot go with any other fish. When I got him, he was beating up on two Oscars twice his size, nearly killing them - as a result, he was going to be "done away with" and so that is how he came to me. He has tons of personality, likes to pick up rocks and spit them at you. Here are pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/daisiesofthegalaxy/100_0052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/daisiesofthegalaxy/100_0048.jpg

I also have two breeding cory cats (bronze), a male dwarf flame gourami and two baby birchir's who will need a larger tank (55 gallon) when they are older. The birchirs will be peaceful with other fish so long as those other fish can't fit in their mouth.

Tanks and parts that will be for sale:

55 gallon tank - set up since last september
-150 watt heater
-48" lighting (meant for the 55 gallon), two regular lights, two actinic lights.
-walmart fishtank stand, like new, two compartments for storage
-two piece glass cover to protect lighting and keep fish from jumping out
-very good, two biowheel filter (not cheapo brand, but I can't remember which, sold for $65), like new
-two large pieces of driftwood

10 gallon tank
-whisper internal filter, guaged for 15 - 30 gallons
-glass cover
-20 watt lighting, perfect for medium light plants.
-small piece of driftwood (5 - 8 inches?)

other
50 lbs of white gravel

The fish are free to a good home. PM me with an offer on the tanks. The tanks won't be leaving until the fish have homes. Pick up only. I will not ship fish.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom