For Sale: two 24" Full Hoods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minabug

Aquarium Advice Regular
They're brand new, still in the box with the manuals and both have bulbs. Can send pictures if wanted. I've never used them. Aqueon brand.

Was hoping for $50 for both. Don't want to sell them separately.

Willing to ship as long as you pay the shipping cost.

Just let me know if interested. :D

lids

i need two lids for a 55 gal they need to be 11" 3/8 x 22" 7/8 i think they call them 24 x 12 . let me know.

thanks jim

These do sit in the tank rim. They're for a 55 gallon, they came with the 55 gallon I bought for my turtle, I just never took them out of the boxes because I can't use hoods for my turtles tank, she uses a screen top.

I would probably have to ship it UPS. I think it's cheaper than USPS anyways and they package it much better. I'll upload some pictures right now and get prices.

2v8l9au.jpg

bfrjtw.jpg

2mm9y77.jpg

An estimated shipping cost from UPS is: $10.57. I'll call UPS tomorrow and make sure, if that's okay.

Money order would be fine.

if they are 24" x 12" they are too big, they should be closer to 23" x 12", i measure the ones i have on my 55 gal. right now they are 22" 7/8 x 11" 3/8, and fit inside rim of tank let me know.

jim

I measured them and also on the manual it says this:

Fits aquariums with frame top opening 23 1/4" x 11 1/2"

I measured that against my 55 gallon which the hoods came with and it fits.

If you want I can take it out of the box and throw it on my 55 gallon and take a picture so you can see the size, if that helps any. These are the hoods that came with it, we just can't use them for the turtle.

They asked if it was Charleston or Big Chimney, I told them Charlestion, is that correct?

They said about $16 dollars if we pack it ourselves, and about $25 if they packed it. These are rough estimates, they won't know the exact ones until we're there.

Let me know which you prefer.

Which way do you prefer for shipping?

I think it would be safer if they packed it. They said if they pack it they insure it for up to 100 dollars for free and it comes with a tracking code and it takes about 2 days to get there they said.

Back
Top Bottom