For Sale: Value of my 3 koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamCichlidLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 3 koi that I am interested in selling. I asked my lfs and they said they would give me $5-7 each. I was wondering how much they're really worth because $5-7 seems low IMO. Kirby is a very white ~14" koi, Goldie is an orange ~12" koi, and Sunshine is a bright shiny/sparkly orange and white ~12" koi. I am more than happy to sell them to anyone here on AA. pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

Attachments

• All Three Koi.jpg
    All Three Koi.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Goldie.jpg
    Goldie.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Kirby.jpg
    Kirby.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Kirby And Sunshine.jpg
    Kirby And Sunshine.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 237
I dont know,but there worth a lot more than the $5-7 they offered ,ive seen 6 inch koi at my lfs for that much.

They are beautiful! Wish we had our pond up and running. As beautiful as the reef tanks are... I don't think there is anything more breathtaking than a landscaped pond with sunlight shimmering off koi. Sigh.

Agreed - craigslist would be your best bet. You could consider Aquabid.com as well... though I am not sure how you would go about shipping them. They are certainly worth more than your LFS is offering, but remember they are in the business to make money... breaking even doesn't leave room to pay the electric bills, pay employees, or turn a profit. And while they are worth more than $5-7 certainly, the problem will be finding the market, and finding someone who is willing to pay for them.

I will buy all three of them. Jus let me know thanks

I have two koi. One fourteen inch and another 22 inch. One of them is worth well over 1000 and another is worth in the hundreds. These were japanese imports though. And the funny thing is these were my uncle's culls who keeps a dozen or so 3' koi. I'd say at least 50-200 dollars a pop.

to talk a bout koi one needs to know more the orange koi is not wroth must in koi just nice to look at still about 35.00 the sparkly one is a gin-rin 100.00 maybe more the white hard to say but i will tell you were help is and you can sell them on there to go to koiphen.com you will fine all you need to know even how to ship them good luck .oh i have about 200 of them and 30 goldfish in one pond and i sell some from time to time hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom