WANTED: RO filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check on Ebay.. There is a company called filterdirect you can probably search for the user id.. Very sweet deals.. I picked up my Ro/Di setup complete with everything for 100.00 + 25.00 s/h for a total of 125.00 for an 85gpd 5 or 6 stage I cant remember and too drunk right now to even try.. I can say that it is nice to have not only for the fish but for drinking.. at least the ro is good for drinking and the ro/di is a lil blahhh btw it has 2 outputs 1 faucet for ro and a tube for ro + Di

hth,
James

thanks man, ill probally get one! what do you use for an overflow tank?? I was thinking about a 40 gallon tub with a cutoff valve so i could leave it in the garage to fill all day. Thanks again for the help!

me personally I just fill up a 5gal bucket and empty it my 30gal garbage can every so often..

James

Dependign on the GPH you get you can fill a nice size trashcan in as little as 8 hours. :)

Gosh I love my 100GPD unit.

cj10488 said:
I cant remember and too drunk right now to even try.. I can say that it is nice to have not only for the fish but for drinking.. at least the ro is good for drinking

An RO unit that'll get you drunk!?! 8O 8O OOOHHHH...I gotta have one of these!! :lol:

Seriously though, I have looked everywhere. I have several wholesale accounts with major vendors and no one beats the prices on these filterdirect units. I just ordered a 100 gpd last night. They have good prices on replacement filters and TDS meters as well. I think that would be your best source. If you buy a used one, you may find that it needs all the filters and membrane replaced. You might end up with more invested in it than you would a new one.

I wish an Ro would get me drunk... Was having a bit of a party here that night and figured I jump on the ole forum and see if I could help anyone out without giving them too terrible of information... Btw I looked into other Ro systems and man this was the cheapest one I found and Man I sure do like it.. I was able to justify it with the Wife as it came with a faucet attachment and she only drinks bottled water... LOL not anymore.. She says the water tastes much better then the $1.00 per 20oz bottle she buys..

James

Tell her that if she'll let you put in that 1000 gal reef tank, you can raise her some fresh flounder for dinner...ya never know :mrgreen:

LOL She already told me that I can have my 200+ gal after we buy our house at the beginning of next year and the 55gal will be going in our bedroom... I personally dont think the floors here in my Apt could hold a 200gal tank safely...

I have seen some locally here in the paper for a 225gal Acrylic complete for like $500.00 However like I said the floors wouldnt hold up.. We almost bought a 125gal but were not prepared to buy it when we went to the LFS.. No truck... WE barely fit the 55gal in our car... lmao WE were just "SUPPOSE" to be looking :lol:
She limits me to one thing per week for the fish.. Its a pretty good deal as she is the only one working right now due to me getting laid off..

James

Back
Top Bottom