WTB: Aragonite sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can buy sand at homedepot that works fine for cheap. Then if you want you would just purchase a small amount of used live sand to seed that sand after it is in the tank.

ummmm yeah, my HD doesn't have any that would work. i live in BFE. anybody got some they would be willing to ship via greyhound?

Buy some Aragamax off the net. Pretty cheap compared to some of the "live" stuff that isnt very live at all.

I think mine was about $25 (Mightve been $30) shipped for 30# of it.

I think you would just need a couple bags, maybe $50-55 total for 60#.

yeah, that guy hasn't responded to my pm's so i don't think he's interested in helping me out anymore. Doctor's foster and smith are selling the aramax sand at $18 bucks for a #30 bag, which is the cheapest i've found with only a $4.5 shipping charge for each bag. I however, was hoping to do a DSB in my fuge and display tanks....but that would require approx. 250lbs of aragonite sand. Which, if you add it all up, would be about $187.00 shipped to my door. that's just freakin' ridiculous to pay that much for SAND:( Especially considering these guys around the country are grabbing up tropical play sands at their local HD for $2-5 for a #50 bag. I hadn't included 187 dollar bill for sand in my budget so i guess it's time for a compromise. I'm thinking about just going with 3 bags of sand. So that way i have a semi-DSB in the fuge, and enough to at least cover the floor in the display tank.

PS: was very tempted to buy some silica based sand at wal-mart the other day and just say screw it.

Don't do it ... I know many people will say silica based sand is allright and it just won't help buffer the PH levels, but I wouldn't take the chances! Your better off saving a bit and going with the Aragonite sand!

Back
Top Bottom