Wtb nikon d40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Nikon D80 and I'm very happy with it. Still learning how to use it and take better pics, but its a great camera. I haven't tried another dslr brand though, to offer a comparison. I have a couple P&S Canons and they are great for what they are.

I know a couple people with the D40x and they are pleased with that camera. Alot of lenses that you can use with the D80 and maybe the D60 that autofocus, you can't autofocus on the D40. You can use the lens, just with manual focus. My aunt takes alot of sports pics of my cousins and they have turned out great. Also, my friend with the D40x takes great pics of cars, birds, etc.

I think you'd be happy with the D40x or a Canon....or an Olympus. :) But if you are looking for something small, easy to use, and less expensive....the D40 is probably for you.

Either way..its your choice as to what brand you buy. :)

I had canon rebel XTi and loved it! I have not had any problems with it! I upgraded to 40D when it came out and let me tell you, its amazing what it can do! I had the most wonderful experiance with canon and have no complaints. Takes great pics, the body does not feel or act cheap, IS lenses, best value.what else can you ask for? :)

I am not a camera expert by any means.. but I was in your same position in August, I wanted to move into a DSLR, but I honestly don't know and fully understand all the manual settings. I was looking at a D40 Nikon as well, mainly because it was smaller thent he comparable Canon. I researched and asked everyone who used DSLR their opinion.. some said Canon some said Nikon.

In the end, I bought the Nikon D3000, it is the replacement for the D60 and D40, I currently just have the kit lens 18-55mm VR btu I am looking to get the 55-200mm VR you see in some of the kit packages.. I am an average photographer, love my Nikon and have issues using my P&S Digital cameras as they are too slow..

the Nice thing with the D3000 is the Set-up Guide on the camera walks you through the settings.. something I find helpful

I say go to a Ritz/Wolf camera and check out both in your hands, take pictures etc, see which you prefer..

Back
Top Bottom