WTS: 90G Tank + Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRagg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a 90G tank + stand that I bought last summer used, and have not had the time or money to set it up. Realistically, I probably never will have the time to do what I want with it and I've got another hobby that I'm saving up for.

The tank itself is in good shape. There are no chips or scratches that I have been able to find. There are some small mold spots in the silicone though. I'm not sure that that adversely affects the tank structure.

The tank does not have a center brace, but it was obviously built without one and should be structurally sound without it. The only thing that this affects is glass tops. They all seem to be made for a tank with a center brace, so a custom top would be required (not difficult to have made at all). I have one section of a glass top (4 ft long by a few inches deep) that the lady who sold it to me still had. When I bought it I was told that it did not leak, and seeing as how this lady is a co-worker I believe her. I have never leak tested the tank though.

The stand isn't pretty (aesthetically), but it works. I had planned to build a new stand anyways, but I never got around to doing it.

I am asking $100 for the tank, stand, 2 small "fake driftwood" pieces, 1 large piece of wood attached to slate, 1 smaller piece of wood attached to slate, and various other small items.

This is in or around the Kansas City, KS area. I would prefer this to be picked up, but if necessary I may be able to deliver it if we work something out beforehand. If you are legitimately interested in this I have some pictures that I can send.

As an update, I've got a couple of requests to leak test the tank. I'll be doing that as soon as it warms up enough outside so that I'm not worried about cracking the glass or having water freeze in it (it's hanging out in my garage right now).

Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend.

It's only a 20 (or so) hour drive Ziggy. Are you lazy or something ;).

The weather was good enough for leak testing this weekend, but I wasn't. Long weekend with a lot to do, so I didn't have a chance to get it done. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

Well.....by the time I paid for fuel to get there and back with the tank I could have gotten one here new...I think you should just move out to VA and then I'll buy the tank from you :D

If he moves to VA I'll drive down and buy it. But then again, he did say he might deliver. Are you driving to NJ anytime soon? :D

Ha, I've never been to NJ. I've been really busy lately and will be out of town this weekend, so another week without a leak test. Argh.

Any luck selling the tank....PM me with your zipcode...I wanna see how far it is to drive...I may just come and get the dang thing....

Well I finally had the time to do a leak test this weekend. It has been full for about 24 hours now without a single drop of water spilled.

My wife is starting to pester me about getting it out of the garage, so I'm going to put it on eBay if I don't have a response in the next couple of days. As a note, I have some Dwarf sag that I can throw in with this if anyone is interested.

My new hobby requires more money than this one did :).

Back
Top Bottom