10g rcs/ blue mexian platy build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think either way would be fine just make sure its up for a few months before shrimp, likely the Platys will come first.

Sounds good to me then platys first then the shrimp now I've got a game plan now for the waiting lol

According to shipping my plants will be in tomorrow also tested
Ph 6.8
Ammo 4ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Might drop some more media in to give it a boost that and the plants will help a lot too

Plants came in whoohoo they thru in an oriental sword peabodysparadise.com got a very good amount for what I paid for

ForumRunner_20130808_174455.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_174507.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_174517.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_174532.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_174550.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130808_174604.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130808_174604.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
Tested again wanted to see where I was at before topping off
PH 6.8
Ammo 4ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm

Its been awhile since I tested
Ph 6.0 the pH dropped I added a small piece of coral to help buffer pH
Ammo .50ppm dosed back to 4ppm
Nitrite .25 ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

It was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine on here that one of my pics shows my address if a moderator would kindly step in and delete that photo I would be most grateful

Update time so in ignoring the cycle I ignored and somewhat neglected the tank a little :hide facepalm: works been extra busy meaning I'm extra tired lol anyways I had hair algae out of every nook and crany so I turned the lights off for a week or so it got some ambient room light dome of the p. Erectus needs trimming go figure lol I'll that in the am in neglecting I didn't dose ammonia so I did a large water change dosed ammonia and I'll check to see where its to morrow at 24hrs a couple of the p. erectus did die so the there was decaying matter in the tank so maybe it cycled on its own once I trim I'll replant and see how that goes I will be dosing excel for now on a daily basis as I do with my 55 but I'm going to start with a 4hr light period and see from there with how much light I need

Yah yah I know I know it wasn't 24hrs lol but here we are

Ph7.6
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 80ppm

Dosing ammonia to 4ppm one last time and will truly check in 24hrs lol I'm setting an alarm this time lol if its fully cycled I'll do a big water change and get ahold of my LFS for red cherry shrimp also I added my hob back on with just straight polyfiber wasn't much flow in the tank and a lot build up so I'll be getting a prefilter sponge soon as well I also trimmed my p.erectus will get pics soon

So its been a little over 24hrs
PH 6.8
Ammonia 1ppm
Nitrite 2-5ppm very close in color on chart
Nitrate 80ppm

So I'm clearly not cycled yet getting there though my fishless cycle in this 10g is doing exactly what it did in my 55g which is when the bacteria is doing its thing the pH starts to plummit I've got coral in the tank to help keep it balanced will dose back to 4ppm tonight and check it again in a couple days

OK never mind apparently I'm over my limit well I guess its time to become a supporting member lol been planning on doing that anyways I've posted most of my pics through the app so won't have pics posted for awhile

OK so I've been a very lazy person lol cycle is taking longer due to me being lazy I dosed 4ppm ammonia yesterday
Tested today
Ph6.6
Ammo .50 ppm
Nitrite 5ppm
I didn't test for nitrates but I know I'm getting close it should be done soon as long as I stay on top of it lol

Back
Top Bottom