2.5 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 2.5 gal aquarium right now it doesn't have anything in it but i don't know what to use it for maybe a desk top tank i dont know. I already have a 30 gal community tank. So any ideas are great thanks

I have a 2.5 gal aquarium right now it doesn't have anything in it but i don't know what to use it for maybe a desk top tank i dont know. I already have a 30 gal community tank. So any ideas are great thanks

A beta or some shrimp maybe? Not many options really.

I'm hoping to get a 2.5 in the near future. Gonna use it for a few crystal shrimp and maybe a nerite.

Stable water conditions. Hiding places for when they shed their shell. Java Moss always goes down well.

Yes! Shrimp! Just make sure you have a cycled tank before putting in the shrimp. Small cheap sponge filter and your good to go. I'd recommend Fluval shrimp substrate it does what it says. Stabilizes the ph. Just make sure you rinse it we'll. no need for a heater or constant feeding and very enjoyable to watch. Consider it.

Looks like it should work. Cycle it and enjoy some shrimp beauty.

It's a good idea. If your strapped for cash put the tank in a sunny window. Otherwise another cheap alternative is getting a desk lamp and going to menards and getting a lightbulb that burns around 6000k. Plants are always a good idea when housing shrimp. People say it helps speed the cycling period as we'll.

Ok thanks alot guys I will post what the setup looks like when I finish

Ya idk I have 'more than recommended' in my nano and my shrimp seem very happy. Just keeping up with the water changes and making sure there is enough food but not too much ! I wouldn't start with any until you cycle the tank of course

Ya its cycling right now i put quick start in it and some rocks from other tanks

Back
Top Bottom