2.5g Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cherry Shrimp? Plants?

I would recomment plants to help keep the parameters in order and doing frequent pwc.

Are you wanting to put other critters in there too?

I had a 2.5G for a long time with shrimp and Ramshorn snails. You would wnt to put a prefilter sponge on the filter intake. Establish the tank, and make sure it is cycled.

You could start with a Male and Female.

Cherry Shrimp? Plants?

I would recomment plants to help keep the parameters in order and doing frequent pwc.

Are you wanting to put other critters in there too?

I had a 2.5G for a long time with shrimp and Ramshorn snails. You would wnt to put a prefilter sponge on the filter intake. Establish the tank, and make sure it is cycled.

You could start with a Male and Female.

Yeah I knew I was going to put plants in but I couldn't decide what. Also, I just have a Nano 3i filter, would that work?

That filter would work, are you cycling the tank now, or is it already cycled? The only thing I had to do on a filter similar to that one was to add a chunk of bulk filter pad. And add 3 rubberbands around it where the water intake is so any babies wouldn't get sucked up. 3 rubber bands because one or 2 could fail ;)

Depending upon your tank light, usual easy low light plants are most mosses like Java, Christmas, Peacock moss, Marimo moss balls. The different Java Ferns, wide, narrow leaf, Widelov, etc. Anubias Nana or Nana Petite, may or may not be alright. Most of the time it is fine in low light. None of these plants are planted, but Java Ferns and Anubias are generally tied (glued or rubber banded) to a stone or DW, may be left to set in the water or float. As is moss attached or floating. Subwassertang aka Suswassertang or round Pelia, same type of thing.

As long your tank is established and stable you should be fine. I have a few 1 gal planted tanks that I keep around 4 to 5 shrimp in.

One 0.94gal cube I have on my office desk once held upwards of 30 orange sakuras before I decided they were too cramped and threw them in a 5gal.

Their bioload is so low that just keeping the lights on for a little longer to promote some algae growth will be enough to feed em. Just remember to change water in 10-15% increments instead of 30-50% as the shrimp might suffer.

Back
Top Bottom