40g shrimp tank! Haha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on your super shrimp tank.
I had 5 rummy nose in my my 40 and got tired of them picking on the shrimps.
They cherry shrimps and tiger shrimps were not breeding. Back in March I evicted the rummynose tetras and now just have 4 amanos, a bristlenose Pleco, some nerites, and a bunch of cherry and tiger shrimp. Last week we saw microscopic shrimps and still have plenty of berried shrimp. It's very exciting.

Not sure if I'll add fish again, I have found that I get just as much joy from watching the shrimps as I did watching the fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Himdie: that is a beautiful looking tank in the first image, just wow. So many colors in good combination. I think... I just came down with a case of the jelly

Himdie: that is a beautiful looking tank in the first image, just wow. So many colors in good combination. I think... I just came down with a case of the jelly

Haha thanks honestly it's just a bunch of things thrown together =P it's doing real well now for some reason....and I stopped dosing ferts and metricide... so it's kinda throwing me off haha, also it's my first "real" tank!! So a lot of work and time has been put into it =)

Haha thanks honestly it's just a bunch of things thrown together =P it's doing real well now for some reason....and I stopped dosing ferts and metricide... so it's kinda throwing me off haha, also it's my first "real" tank!! So a lot of work and time has been put into it =)

Well they say that a watched pot never boils. Do you mind disclosing which plants are part red part green in the front right corner and what is that plant covering the heater in the back left corner? I may copy some of your scaping.

Well they say that a watched pot never boils. Do you mind disclosing which plants are part red part green in the front right corner and what is that plant covering the heater in the back left corner? I may copy some of your scaping.

The front right one is ar mini and the one in the back is rotala rotundifolia

Nice! I guess I am still on level 1, getting excited when my RCS get berried.

Haha I'd say we're on the same lvl =P my rcs aren't berried yet! Nor my cardinals and from what I've read the malawa are hardier and more prolific than even rcs

Nice! I guess I am still on level 1, getting excited when my RCS get berried.

I'm a bit beyond that. But then, my shrimps are just left there in the 65g community tank and I barely see them anymore. I just found out a 2nd colony of them in the fire moss. They find their way for survival lol

The 10g shrimp tank I have doesn't seem to be thriving much. I have a berried snowball, and a yellow. I really have to separate them neocaradina. My yellow dropped its eggs after a water change. It's the first time it happened. Dunno why.

No ferts at all??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welps got baby malawa shrimp! Only noticed one today and my berried female is no longer berried so yay! So far I only see a few of the cardinals foraging around but they're getting bigger and molting fine so I hope there's children soon aaaand I got rabbit snails a couple weeks ago and today I find this!

Attachments

• 1431485571240.jpg
    1431485571240.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 69
I'm loving these malawa shrimp! Always a different color with them! And berried again already haha

Attachments

• 1432011000677.jpg
    1432011000677.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 53
Better pic of a pretty one and a baby =) on a side note my cardinals are always hiding =( they only come out 3- 4 at a time so I don't know if they're dead or not. One for sure died since I found him dead but that was my fault for changing the water and not matching it with the tank water =/

Attachments

• 1432011187857.jpg
    1432011187857.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1432011249785.jpg
    1432011249785.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom