40g shrimp tank! Haha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I'm turning my 40g into a shrimp tank all fish except otos are gone and I got my shrimp today =) hopefully I don't regret it

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429730223831.jpg
    1429730223831.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 1429730242649.jpg
    1429730242649.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 1429730253063.jpg
    1429730253063.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 152
So much space for Shrimpies activities:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You better have a lot of shrimps. Lol

It is me or they are out of the water?

Ok so I'm turning my 40g into a shrimp tank all fish except otos are gone and I got my shrimp today =) hopefully I don't regret it

That's beautiful! Wish my tank's looked like that.
I just set up a 30 gallon for my shrimp and I'm really enjoying it!
I'm sure you won't regret it! Loads off space in your 40 gallon ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

That's beautiful! Wish my tank's looked like that.
I just set up a 30 gallon for my shrimp and I'm really enjoying it!
I'm sure you won't regret it! Loads off space in your 40 gallon ☺

Aww thanks =) as always it's thanks to this forum! Great advice =D

What breed of shrimp are you putting in? Can't wait to see more pic's ?

Well I just put them in =) atm I've got sulawesi malawa and cardinal shrimp =) and soz insanely crappy pic but the clear one is a malawa and red is cardinal (if u can even see it)

Attachments

• 1429738500278.jpg
    1429738500278.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 154
Well I just put them in =) atm I've got sulawesi malawa and cardinal shrimp =) and soz insanely crappy pic but the clear one is a malawa and red is cardinal (if u can even see it)

I see them! Do sulawesi and cardinal shrimp need different water conditions than fresh? I've always found them interesting but thought they have different needs.

This is so cool. How many shrimp do you think can be kept in a 40g?! They're going to breed like crazy with no fish in there!! It's going to be amazing!!! Can't wait to see some more pics of shrimp! ??

29g Community

10g Betta

I see them! Do sulawesi and cardinal shrimp need different water conditions than fresh? I've always found them interesting but thought they have different needs.

Well the guy I got them from keeps them in pretty much the same parameters I have which is 7.6 pH gh 7 and whatnot so I think it
should be fine even though my gh is at 9 and my kh at 4. Usually they're just kept in alkaline water with low gh and kh supposedly we will c what happens =)

This is so cool. How many shrimp do you think can be kept in a 40g?! They're going to breed like crazy with no fish in there!! It's going to be amazing!!! Can't wait to see some more pics of shrimp! ??

Haha dunno lots and lots fit! Hopefully it fills up quickly!
29g Community

10g Betta

Well the guy I got them from keeps them in pretty much the same parameters I have which is 7.6 pH gh 7 and whatnot so I think it
should be fine even though my gh is at 9 and my kh at 4. Usually they're just kept in alkaline water with low gh and kh supposedly we will c what happens =)

Cool! always wondered the difference. Cheers ?

Ooo BOY that ought to be entertaining! We have 6 amano shrimps in our 20g high tank along with some small catfish, harlequin rasboras, 1 male guppy, and a bn algea eater, and, THEY ARE SO ENTERTAINING I love our shrimp :D

Haha so far so good!!! They're foraging! And they're everywhere too

Attachments

• 1429751856800.jpg
    1429751856800.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 1429751866455.jpg
    1429751866455.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 108
Yayyy that's fantastic! Excuse me if I didn't catch it in your original post, but, what kind of shrimps are you keeping? What are those red and white ones?

Gold fish are usually "slow" swimmers. Smaller fish that swim faster than gold fish will usually survive longer than slower swimmers. Also, if you provide hinding locations for the smaller fish to hide or "run for cover" they have a better change of surviving.

Ah haha yea u missed it =P but they're cardinal shrimp

I knew it! I knew you were trying to hide the army of shrimp! :p you could keep hundreds in there jeez.... That would be a sight to see during feeding.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom