5.5 gallon RCS Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uhh i think it was around 3-5 months i can't remember exactly

Fish_Fan

ive got a question im planning on getting some shrimps and i was wondering can you feed them Spirulina Algae Wafers?
And what is the sifference between Spirulina Algae Wafers and normal algae wafers?

Also is it alright if i put 15 shrimps in a 5 gallon (20 litre) tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do those wafers have copper in the ingredients? If they do DONT use them, copper kills shrimp. Yes u could add more than 15 shrimp to a 5 gallon, my 6 gallon has around 50 baby and adults?

Fish_Fan

But I was wondering what is the difference between Spirulina Algae Wafers and normal algae wafers?

Look at the ingredient lists. A lot of times "algae" wafers are basically just disc shaped fish food. Typically with fish meal or some kind of filler as the main ingredients. Some of the better algae wafers will have spirulina as the top ingredient. Spirulina is considered a superfood, it's just a really good all around plant based food source.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed Omega One veggie wafers as I like the ingredient list.
http://www.omegasea.net/products/nutrition/veggie-rounds

Many foods have wheat or meal as first ingredients. Those are mostly filler.

I read my labels on ALL my pet food.
Dog and fish food are similar in some ways. Learn to spot fillers and non digestibles and avoid those foods.

Repashy also has great food.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read my labels on ALL my pet food.
Dog and fish food are similar in some ways. Learn to spot fillers and non digestibles and avoid those foods.

Repashy also has great food.

/QUOTE]

Such a great point, that's why my five dogs are all raw fed!

So it's better to feed cherry shrimps Spirulina algae wafers?

I don't think there's any one particular food that's best. I feed mine a variety: wafers, flake, frozen bloodworms, daphnia, etc.

You say you feed them daphnia but how do they actually catch and eat it while it's floating around in the tank?

Also I have bloodworms and they are kinda thick would they still eat that?

I used freeze dried daphnia. I put a very small amount of tank water in a bowl, drop in a bit of daphnia, stir and let it sit. I feed it using a syringe.

Bloodworms are similar. Tank water in a bowl, tiny bit of frozen bloodworms, stir and feed with a dropper (more control than a syringe). I leave the worms for a few hours with the plan to remove if they haven't finished but I haven't had to do that yet!

I used freeze dried daphnia. I put a very small amount of tank water in a bowl, drop in a bit of daphnia, stir and let it sit. I feed it using a syringe.

Bloodworms are similar. Tank water in a bowl, tiny bit of frozen bloodworms, stir and feed with a dropper (more control than a syringe). I leave the worms for a few hours with the plan to remove if they haven't finished but I haven't had to do that yet!

Ahh ok yeah i use freeze dried bloodworms and daphnia.

With the bloodworms i have the thick ones not the thin ones that you normally get so do you think they will eat that?

Also what about brine shrimp?

I would choose spirulina wafers over basic algae wafers. But again check the label. A lot of algae wafers are primarily fish meal based. Its not going to hurt the shrimp but it does say something for the quality of the food.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With the bloodworms i have the thick ones not the thin ones that you normally get so do you think they will eat that?

Also what about brine shrimp?

The larger ones will work at it!

Brine shrimp are fine, too.

Back
Top Bottom