Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Amano info

I've always kept a few Amano in my community tank, but due to a rather lg algae out break and a irresistible *special* price 3/$4.99, I now have ~25. Since they are now a herd(?) I was thinking I would give them their own 20g tank but am unsure of decor(it would be cool to see them more often than I do now), filtration/water movement, optimum temp and tank mates that won't harass/eat them or that they won't eat. Before this I just let nature do her thing when I put them in a community tank as I considered them more as "tools" than residents(bad fishy mom)

Old 09-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have mine with other shrimp and otos now, if you really want to see them add some floating plants. I added a little airline tubing circle of water lettuce and mine graze up in the roots all the time!

Old 09-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is a really irresistible price!!!

Long ago I kept some cherry shrimp in with the Amanos and the Amanos became more bullies as they got to adulthood. Since I fed them fairly well it didn't seem like it should have been that way.

Iwagumi style tank would be my big choice for those shrimp. Dwarf hairgrass or other carpet with some nice plantings of course.

Some little tiny nano fish. Chili Rasbora / Boraras Brigittae or others

Dwarf Rabbit snails (such super cuties).

Dwarf Cories, Pygmaeus Habstatus or Habrosus.

Scarlet or Blue Badis

Sparling Gourami or Chocolate Gourami

Otos

Maybe a Dwarf orange crayfish / CPO or blue.

Dwarf rainbowfish like Furcata or Killifish (though not Golden Wonder Killis)

But Ember Tetras, Rummy Nose or Ruby Tetras all would be fun schooling fish And not expensive to get a nice group.

CPD's Celestial Pearl Danios aka Galaxy Rasbora / Celestichthys margaritatus with another group of fish because they can tend to want to hide.

One of my favorites would be Microdevario Kuboatai Neon Green Rasbora. Beautiful lavender violet blue color above their lateral line. They really stay around the top 1/4 of the tank leaving lots of room for another variety of schooler in the middle.
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com