Any experience with Orange Dwarf Crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this may sound a bit crazy but would a cpo coexist with a dwarf puffer?

I just use drift wood and it works mostly the same. If you have sand they can dig out a cave.

I dont know much about puffers but as I understand it puffers are highly aggressive and prefer crustaceans and inverts.

Great pointing those out! Also people use Bamboo pieces, tied together (or glued) and weighted (with a rock I guess.)

I've tried bamboo... They're the right size and cheap, but they disintegrate in the tank too fast for my liking... And then I'm picking out shards of bamboo for the next month :p

I just stumbled across some CPO's this weekend at one of the local LFS's. I had been considering getting one, but I didn't think I'd be able to find one locally and the cost of shipping wasn't something I was crazy about. So I was pretty happy when I saw them and got myself one.

I had just added two mollies (LFS called them pearl white mollies) to my quarantine tank the day before. Didn't think there would be a problem because the mollies are considered peaceful and they are fairly small themselves, but they were nipping at the CPO a little right after I introduced him. He made sure to stand up for himself though. (y)

I added (2) 90 degree PVC elbows with end caps on them for him to retreat into, I think they are 1¼" diameter. He located those pretty quickly and everyone seemed to be minding their own business before too long.

Now I'm looking forward to having him entertain us for a while.

It's sensible to liquid carbon?

Shouldn't be as long as you dose according to the directions. I wouldn't do any double dosing or anything on a tank with inverts of any sort, but I have used Flourish Excel at the recommended levels on my tank with my shrimp and crayfish with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom